Title: Consulting Utility Forester - Geothermal
CNUC is an employee-owned company with a strong commitment to recruiting and developing the best talent in the utility vegetation management industry. As our company continues to expand across the country and beyond, new career opportunities are becoming available.
As our next Consulting Utility Forester, you’re on your way to the open road and traveling the trails! We keep the lights on anywhere there’s a power line - whether in the city, the rural countryside, or deep in the remote forest. As a Consulting Utility Forester, you’ll keep communities informed about the trees and power lines, while ensuring safe delivery of their power and pursuing opportunities to develop sustainable habitat throughout the utility right-of-way. In this role, your office is the great outdoors!
Working for CNUC could be your next great job if:
- You love talking to new people, being outside, and working independently.
- You have strong problem-solving skills and pay close attention to detail.
- You’re willing to learn. We provide ongoing training and assistance in obtaining industry-related certifications.
- Identification, inspection, and evaluation of trees and brush along distribution and transmission lines, and steam pipelines
- Submit inspection results to utility clients with remediation recommendations
- Extensive drive time throughout the utility property inspecting vegetation management work
- Conduct daily safety briefings with vegetation crews
- Additional tasks such as safety audits, unit reporting accuracy, and accounting accuracy may be assigned
- Audit the work of vegetation crews
- Assistance may be required during storm or fire events
- Degree in forestry, horticulture, urban forestry, environmental science, natural resources, or related field and/or experience in utility line clearance
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Species identification skills and invasive species knowledge, plus knowledge of tree growth rates
- Ability to work independently
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- ISA Arborist Certification desirable (or ability to attain within one year)
- CPR certification, or ability to attain within one year
- Ability to travel and work in rugged terrain and inclement weather
- Proficient in map navigation skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office and data collection software (GIS experience a plus)
- Competitive wages/excellent benefits
- Clothing allowance
- Smart phone
- Company vehicle/fuel card
- Ongoing training and credentialing
- Access to industry related training materials
Full-time positions include participation in an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) after 1 year of employment. Pre-employment and post-hiring drug screening is a condition of employment.
To apply, visit our website at http://www.cnutility.com/careers/ and submit an application.