SIGN ON INCENTIVE!
DART is offering a sign on incentive of $2,000 for ALL newly-hired bus drivers! A Special Sign-On Incentive of $3,000 will be awarded to newly hired drivers that have a Current CDL with Valid endorsements of passenger and airbrakes.
The Des Moines Area Regional Transit Authority (DART), the largest public transit agency in Iowa, is hiring for full-time and part-time drivers.
Provide transportation for senior citizens and persons with disabilities living in Polk County who are functionally unable to independently use the regular DART bus service get to their medical appointments, the grocery store, and other miscellaneous trips. You may be required to provide assistance from the door of a house of building to the bus and back.
- 21 years of age or older
- Must possess a High School Diploma/GED or equivalent.
- Be able to earn a valid Iowa Commercial Driver's License w/Air Brake and Passenger endorsements.
- Physical exam, DOT drug screen and background check required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- General knowledge of the Greater Des Moines Area
- Ability to understand and navigate the city, suburbs and county streets and landmarks.
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisors regarding construction, weather, traffic, construction, and trip changes
- Ability to follow direction
- Skill of providing excellent customer service
- Flexible schedule
What DART Offers:
- $2,000 to $3,000 Sign-On Incentive
- Health Insurance
- Dental Coverage
- Group Life Insurance
- Deferred Compensation Plan
- I.P.E.R.S. Retirement System
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Wellness Center
- Uniform Allowance
- Free Annual Wellness Screenings
- B-Cycle Membership
- Discounts on travel, personal care, nutrition, home & family, hearing & vision, fitness, apparel & footwear