Mears Group, A Quanta Services Company
At Mears Group, we believe in developing and retaining the best people in the industry and providing best value services to our customers in the natural gas and electric industries. We take pride in developing the infrastructure of our country by connecting people and resources. As an industry leader, we have built our reputation as a premier provider of services with a solid track record of performance, integrity and – above all – a commitment to safety, quality and our people.
Seeking Project Managers with OSP/Fiber/Telecom experience. These individuals will work with field management to ensure all company and customer requirements are satisfied during project execution. The position requires strong communication with our clients, vendors, and sub-contractors to ensure our work quality not only meets but exceeds expectations.
What Do You Offer Us?
- Determines needed resources from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations
- Negotiates with vendors, and suppliers
- Prepares and submit project tracker and updates to clients
- Accomplishes work requirements by orienting, training, assigning, scheduling and coaching employees
- Meets cost standards by monitoring expenses and implementing cost saving actions
- Works with the Construction Manager to track sub-contractor work, invoices, and redlines
- Implements and maintains project execution planning and management that will ensure assigned projects are completed safely, on-time, within budget, and to the quality standards required by both the client and the company.
- Reviews production schedules along with work progress and works with Construction Manager to make corrective actions to meet production and profit goals
- Reports work in progress, tracks job cost and revenue, approves vendor invoices and attends regular meetings with project controls and upper management
What We Offer You:
- Paid on-the-job technical and professional training
- Defined career path for future growth
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits including Retirement Plan
What is Required?
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred
- Ability to read blueprints
- Strong knowledge of lifecycle of fiber/telecom builds
- Advance skills in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to multi-task
- Basic knowledge of construction accounting
- Ability to travel 75% to different locations
- PMP preferred
- Time Management
- Results driven
- Leadership skills