Mears Group, Inc.
Project Coordinator Job Description
Mears Group, A Quanta Services Company
At Mears Group, we believe in developing and retaining the best people in the industry and providing best value services to our customers in the natural gas and electric industries. We take pride in developing the infrastructure of our country by connecting people and resources. As an industry leader, we have built our reputation as a premier provider of services with a solid track record of performance, integrity and – above all – a commitment to safety, quality and our people.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Ability to perform responsibilities that support our construction leaders to get our customer’s projects completed safely and at the highest quality. Project Coordinators plan and manage the scheduling of all projects and ensure permitting and customer requirements are in place to maintain crew productivity.
- Ensure field data is correct and being submitted in a timely fashion
- Coordinate activities to resolve and meet project goals
- Prepare document packets containing critical project and customer specifications
- Create daily progress reports with meticulous attention detail
- Manage multiple project trackers with daily data input
- Prepare invoice documents for submittal to internal billing team
- Other duties as requested by supervisor
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: (Based upon level of position, not all may apply)
- High school diploma required; Associates’ or Bachelors’ degree is preferred
- 3 years’ experience in a high-level administrative role is required; at least 1 year of project coordination and/or underground utility industry experience is preferred
- Proven written/verbal communication skills; able to communicate effectively across organizational levels
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel
- Ability to multi-task and be self-motivating
- Organization skills is required
- Good work ethic and interpersonal skills
- Ability to successfully pass a drug screen and background check, subsequent random drug test.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
This job operates in a construction office environment with possible option to work from home. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds reach; climb; bend; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift to 50 pounds.
This position is subject to the Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) drug & alcohol testing regulations as outlined in 49 CFR Part 382 and/or 49 CFR Part 199. Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.