The Inventory Clerk contributes to the success of the company by assisting the General Manager and Assistant Store Manager(s) in ensuring that inventory is properly managed, stocked and cared for.
- Demonstrates a high level of detail and accuracy in all inventory-related tasks.
- Product receiving - In charge of receiving and reviewing product upon receipt and effectively communicating with vendors for any discrepancies.
- Inspects all incoming products to include mold and disease, test result verification and product weight accuracy.
- Responsible for handling bulk cannabis weighing, packaging, and labeling; as well as division into weight-specific units. Conducts data entry within POS system.
- Responsible for creating pre-rolls from bulk product.
- Ensures accuracy in labeling and all product information.
- Anticipates Budbar needs a and stocks inventory accordingly.
- Creates product displays and organizes inventory as needed.
- Completes product destruction tasks for all product waste, display units, contaminated product, and product deemed unfit for sale or consumption.
- Adjustments-Strain Creation-Label printing- Sanitation- Cleaning all utensils, bins, scales, surfaces, Inventory Room and Humidor.
- Acts with integrity and honesty while activity promoting the culture and the values of the company.
- Demonstrates the ability to anticipate customer and store needs by assessing the store and customers for signals.
- Maintains a professional demeanor during periods of high volume or stressful situations while setting a positive example for the shift team.
- Ability to monitor changes in team or store morale and/or performance while maintaining effective communication with the managers.
- Performs other related duties and projects as business needs require at direction of management.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in the cannabis industry is preferred.
- Must possess proficient English skills, both written and verbal.
- Must possess effective oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel in a professional and effective manner.
- Ability to create and compose written materials with proper English grammar and punctuation.
- Ability to communicate clearly with employees, management, and team members.
- Ability to convey information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a multi-cultural business environment.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Must be a self-starter with a strong sense of self-development.
- Must possess strong conflict management skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the retail cannabis environment.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations related to cannabis operations.
- Must be familiar with weight conversions and conversion and destruction protocols.
- Must be well versed with product inspection and product receiving protocols.
- Must be well versed with packaging and labeling protocols.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and time management skills.
- Demonstrated approachability and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated reliability, dependability and flexibility in work habits.
- Possess a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Possess ability to accurately operate point of sale system.
- Proficient knowledge of general office procedures and office machines.
- Ability to research and understand regulations for cannabis retail markets.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, exhibiting a high level of integrity and trustworthiness.
- Ability to work independently and contribute effectively as part of a team.
Physical Demands: The physical demands listed below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
- Ability to frequently bend and/or twist at waist/knees/neck to and from seated position while working at workstation.
- Ability to frequently use standard office equipment such as but not limited to computers, telephones, copiers, and scanners.
- Ability to frequently communicate with others.
- Ability to maintain long periods of mental alertness and attention to detail while setting priorities, meeting critical deadlines, and following up on assignments.
- Ability to constantly perform sedentary work, spending extended periods of time at desk or workstation.
- Ability to excessively stand and/or walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to seldom climb stairs at some locations.
- Ability to seldom push and/or pull up to forty (40) pounds.
- Ability to seldom lift or carry up to forty (40) pounds.
- Ability to keyboard for extended periods of time.
- Ability to function in an environment with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to deliver quality results under high pressure deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to demonstrate normal manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination; maintain corrected hearing and vision to normal range.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
- Primarily a heavy trafficked retail setting in a cannabis dispensary with moderate noise levels and direct exposure to cannabis products and may deal with irate customers on a regular basis.
The Benefits of Joining Our Team:
- Awesome company culture!
- Opportunities for advancement
- Medical / Dental / Vision insurance
- Employer paid Accident & Critical Illness insurance
- Employer paid Short-Term & Long-Term Disability insurance
- Employer paid Basic Life Insurance
- Voluntary Supplemental Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO); ability to donate/share/cash-out PTO
- Paid Holidays
- Company parties and events
- Talented, fun, and high integrity group of coworkers!