OBJECTIVE: Improve the lives of Iowa soybean farmers by strengthening Iowa Soybean Association’s (ISA) engagement with growers, industry stakeholders and food-minded Iowans through compelling storytelling using photography and videography. This position reports to the Sr. Dir., Information & Education.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Are you a strategic, creative communicator who understands the significance of visual imagery and knows how to tell a story in new and interesting ways? We are looking for a go-getter who understands the importance of maintaining a visual style and ensuring all photo and video assets are optimized for readers and search engines. You will play an important role in reaching and engaging Iowa’s soybean farmers through developing digital channels and established print publications. You’ll also play a critical role in engaging consumers through the Iowa Food & Family Project, a partner-driven organization headquartered at ISA with the goal of enhancing the understanding and trust of food-minded Iowans in modern agriculture.
- Capture studio-quality content for:
- The ISA website (www.iasoybeans.com).
- The Iowa Soybean Review magazine distributed to 38,000 soybean farmers (print and digital: www.iasoybeans.com/magazine).
- ISA’s social media platforms (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn).
- The Iowa Food & Family Project (www.iowafoodandfamily.com) magazine (Fresh Pickings) and social media platforms.
- Additional clients and print and digital needs as they arise
- Lead the production (video interviews, photography and b-roll acquisition) of The State of Soy, ISA’s flagship video series (iasoybeans.com/newsroom/video) shared on owned media channels and provided to numerous local, state and national media outlets.
- Collaborate daily with fellow Information & Education team members on content decisions and suggest innovative ideas for telling stories visually.
- Work closely with team members to develop concepts for print and digital products.
- Provide feedback and guidance to staff on photography and videography work while ensuring resources and equipment are used properly.
- Archive images and video, maintaining database for use by other team members.
- Remain current with new best practices and editing technologies for photo and video.
- Follow company's brand guidelines and messaging platform.
- Maintain current, high-quality imagery for use across a variety of internal and external uses including ISA home office, photo books, paid media and other channels.
- Assist the team in creating/designing ISA marketing materials (see preferred experience below).
- Accepting Direction
- Acting Decisively
- Adaptable to Change
- Communicating Effectively
- Coordinating Project Activities
- Demonstrating Initiative
- Displaying Creativity
- Displaying Technical Expertise
- Driving Projects to Completion
- Evaluating and Implementing Ideas
- Interacting with People at Different Levels
- Managing Resources & Time
- Prioritizing and Organizing Work
- Setting a Strategic Vision
- Supporting Coworkers
- Supporting Organizational Goals
- Utilizing Feedback
- This position has no supervisory responsibility.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in photography, communications, graphic design, visual arts, digital media or similar field with a well-populated portfolio.
- 2-4 years of experience as photographer and videographer.
- Hands-on experience with traditional and modern photo equipment and experience using video editing software.
- In-depth knowledge of photography software (Photoshop, Photo Mechanic, Lightroom, Capture One, etc.) and of computer imaging and studio management.
- Proficient in Final Cut Pro X, Adobe After Effects.
- Knowledge and understanding of motion graphics.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Background in or understanding of agriculture strongly preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience in graphic design (print or digital)
- Proficiency in Adobe CS (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop)
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account available
- Cellphone and Wellness reimbursement
- 401(k) with generous company match
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Dress for your Day Dress Code