Operational since 2001, Dakota Ethanol in Wentworth, SD produces more than 90 million gallons of ethanol annually. The company also produces distillers grains and non-food grade corn oil, providing a feed source for local livestock producers or the biodiesel industry. Dakota Ethanol is owned and operated by Lake Area Corn Processors, LLC, which is comprised of more than 1,000 members, the majority of whom are South Dakota farmers. Dakota Ethanol is committed to being a strong partner in the local community, a key player in the regional economy and a leader in South Dakota’s ethanol industry.
What you get to do!
A Laboratory Technician is responsible for applying the quality assurance program of the ethanol plant to ensure maximum production quantity and quality; while supporting the policies, goals, and objectives of the company. The Lab Tech assists with quality control testing on product streams and coordinates test results with operators to ensure optimum quality and efficiency. Lab Tech will also assist with compliance programs such as Low Carbon Fuel Standard, FSMA, Corn Kernel Fiber and trials.
What you get to do!
- Run quality control tests on product streams.
- Coordinate test results with operators to ensure optimum quality and efficiency.
- Working knowledge of the following instrumentation and/or testing procedures: HPLC, IC, pHe, pH, Acidity, brix refractometer, moisture analyzer, Karl Fisher Columat titrometer, ETOH proof, specific gravity test, yeast counts, water analyses, and other tests as needed or requested.
- Keep track of supplies and give orders to purchasing agent.
- Keep lab area clean and orderly.
- Work with operations on special test requests.
- Complete any and all tasks assigned by Lab Manager.
- Maintain a team environment with other plant departments.
- Champion Dakota Ethanol, LLC in the community
- Safe work practices are a condition of employment; complies with all OSHA and safety requirements.
- Must be able to come to work promptly and regularly.
- Must be able to take direction and work well with others.
- Must be able to work under the stress of deadlines.
- Must be able to concentrate and perform accurately.
- Must react to change positively and handle other tasks as assigned.
What you need to have!
Bachelor's degree in a related scientific or technical field preferred. Experience in a laboratory within a process industry would be beneficial. Experience practicing effective QA/QC programs, as well as, utilizing automated laboratory equipment (such as HPLC).
Time will be spent in a temperature-controlled office-based environment at the manufacturing facility. Ability to sit for long periods of time. Able to view computer screen for lengths at a time. Time will be spent in the plant. All types of chemical industry equipment are used in the plant to include, but not limited to fermentation vessels, jet cookers, agitators, mixing and milling equipment, distillation columns, centrifuges and distributive control systems. May be exposed to loud noises, wet and humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic chemicals, extreme hot and cold depending on weather conditions. Must be able to speak and listen clearly. Fine visual acuity to read for accuracy. Must be able to manage confined space entry, climb ladders and stairs, lift and move up to 25 lbs. Ability to work from elevated surfaces. Regularly exposed to dust, odors, fumes, noise, and temperature variations.
What you get from us!
Dakota Ethanol offers $18+/hour DOE PLUS benefits and a NEW HIRE BONUS - health insurance, Flex Spending Account, dental, 401k with company match, PTO & paid holidays,100% company paid group life insurance/AD&D/long term disability, AFLAC and a team environment!
If this is an excellent fit for you to join us near Wentworth, SD, apply with us!
Sioux Falls and South Dakota is full of adventure & great place to live in the midwest, see for yourself! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTehfsx6mFY