Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package with competitive salaries and more including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Paid Volunteer time
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Referral Bonus
Balfour Beatty is seeking a Marketing Intern/Co-Op for the Raleigh office as a member of the marketing team. The primary responsibilities of the Marketing Intern position include: supporting research and preparation of proposals, brochures, qualification packages, presentations, development of external and internal communications and other marketing services and materials that brand Balfour Beatty Construction by clearly communicating its differentiators and benefits to both internal and external customers.
- Supports the preparation of responses to requests for proposals, qualifications, and other information required including research, writing, page layout, proposal graphics and cover design.
- Assists Marketing project lead with the development of responses to requests for proposals, qualifications, and other information required (schedule, plan, strategy, strip out assignments and follow-up, editing, kickoff/status meeting schedule, review, etc.).
- Coordinates with team to ensure efficiencies in sharing and archiving resumes, proposals, presentations, boilerplate, graphics, debriefs, etc.
- Updates proposal material to reflect current project status, and update CRM (database) with same.
- Creates and maintains project factsheets and resumes,
- Updates and maintains client testimonials and references.
- Proofreads edits and provides quality reviews of proposals prepared by self and others.
- Updates project and team member information in CRM database.
- Support social media and other internal and external communications
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Marketing experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills in Adobe Creative Suite (specifically InDesign), word processing, spreadsheet, scanning, database and presentation communication software. Demonstrates proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company communication tools, such as email, internet, and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook).
- Uses time effectively based on key priorities; accepts direction from more than one person at a time and oversees multiple projects.
- Communicates well and create effective customer-focused relationships with all organization levels.
- Able to write clearly and concisely in a variety of communication settings and styles.
- Demonstrated strengths in written and organization skills and verbal communications.
- Solid writing, photo editing, page layout and presentation software experience.
- Makes decisions under tight deadlines with composure, occasionally with incomplete information.
- Act in a manner of integrity that shows support for the company, its values, and the employees, while maintaining constant focus on meeting/exceeding customer requirements and expectations.
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm®, we are challenging the construction industry’s assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation’s largest building contractors by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.