Baker Group, the Midwest’s leading provider of critical building infrastructure systems, is expanding its team of more than 700 dedicated professionals. Headquartered in Ankeny, Iowa, Baker Group is the recognized leader in developing and deploying a variety of systems for commercial and industrial clients. With special expertise in Mechanical, HVAC, Plumbing, Piping, Electrical, Sheet Metal, Automation, Access Control, Security Cameras, Parking Revenue Control, Fire Alarm design and 24/7/365 Service, our team includes the breadth of skills required in the construction of highly technical, special-use buildings like hospitals, educational facilities, corporate office buildings, data centers, industrial facilities and research laboratories. To learn more about our company and our career opportunities, please visit www.thebakergroup.com.
Do you care about people and possess a passion for service? Do you love what you do and leap at the opportunity to solve complex challenges with equal parts creativity and teamwork? Are you mentally tough and excited by the prospect of exceeding expectations? Do you proudly take ownership in your work in a way that pushes you to partner with leadership to accomplish long-term goals and move your organization forward? If your answer to these questions is a resounding “Yes!” we want to visit with you about a career at the Baker Group.
This position oversees jobsite safety and employee health & safety. Responsible for maintaining a safe and effective work place, fulfilling contract obligations, and holding employees responsible for following site and Baker Group policies. Maintain and grow the “Customer for Life” concept for existing and new customers.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
The following duties are typical for this job. These are not to be constructed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Perform employment and safety orientations
- Audit jobsites for health and safety hazards and provide corrective and preventative measures
- Conduct safety training
- Understand how to use and maintain safety equipment such as air monitors, fall protection, and confined space equipment
- Input and retrieve training in Training Vault
- Assist in re-writing/updating company Safety Policies and Procedures
- Lead investigations of accidents and injuries
- Complete accident reports
- Provide information concerning any current or potential safety or health hazard
- Perform Toolbox Talks and Safety Stand downs on jobsites
- Inspect and document safety equipment
- Ability to handle emergency situations with a calm attitude
- Adapt well to a changing workplace
- Able to work in all weather conditions
- Advanced degree in safety / BS in Occupational Safety
- 3+ years’ experience in construction safety and/or OSHA training
- Valid driver’s license
- Acceptable driving record
- OSHA 10hr & OSHA 30hr
- First Aid/CPR Certified
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Understand OSHA rules
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Software
- A contingency for employment will require the successfully passing of a background investigation.
At any given time, may be exposed to:
- Normal office conditions
- Exposure to weather
- Wet &/or humid
- Exposure to dust/fumes
- Exposure to electrical shock
- Proximity to moving mechanical parts
- Working in high/exposed places
- Exposure to toxic/caustic chemicals
- Exposed to outside elements year round
- Noise intensity (loud)
Equipment / Tools:
- PPE (hard toe boots, hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, hi-vis vest, harness)
- Clothing: weather appropriate, jeans
- Ear plugs
- Utility knife
- Fall protection
- Microsoft Office Software
- Basic knowledge of tools
- Able to utilize most hand tools
Baker Group offers a competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and a positive work environment. Wage is dependent on experience.
Baker Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
All positions are contingent upon successfully completing a drug test.
*Care About People* *Love What We Do* *Mentally Tough* *Own It*