Beach Lake Sprinkler Fire Protection Services, a subsidiary of Davis-Ulmer Sprinkler Company, was founded in 1992 and is a well-rounded fire protection company with two offices: Beach Lake, PA and Brooksville, FL. We excel in new construction, renovation, retrofit, and service work for warehouse, distribution, pharmaceutical, hospital, nursing home, industrial, residential and retail markets.
At Davis-Ulmer we believe that investing and empowering our employees as leaders develops an organization that delivers innovative solutions and services that create a superior customer experience. The unique blend of our leader's abilities and the ownership of their work, combined with our culture and values, creates something that is simply described as the Davis-Ulmer difference.
As a result of continued growth, we are currently seeking candidates for a Lead Inspector/Technician at our office in Brooksville, FL. Please read through the following job description, if you are interested in applying, please be sure to attach a cover letter and resume for our review.
What we offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending
- Health Savings
- Profit Sharing
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life and Disability Insurance Options
Inspect and service fire sprinkler systems per NFPA guidelines.
- Ensure customers are serviced at the highest level of satisfaction through quality, courteous service and by applying experience, knowledge and training.
- Thoroughly complete service & inspection work a in timely manner as scheduled and interface with Office Coordinator to ensure that the customer receives the work per proposed scope.
- Utilizes an online scheduling calendar to receive and understand the individual scheduled tasks, customer locations, and maintain other company documents as required (timesheets, safety audits, etc.)
- Maintain equipment, supplies and company vehicle (if supplied) in good working order.
- Study and learn NFPA standards for the inspection and testing of fire sprinkler systems. Stay current with code requirements and industry changes.
- May perform some sales work to include quoting of service jobs when needed.
- Respond to emergency service calls as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Previous experience with the fire protection industry
- NICET Level II Certification
- Good verbal / written communication & customer service skills
- Mechanical & math aptitude
- Strong computer & Apple IOs skills
- Professional and organized
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Fire Sprinkler Inspector’s License
- NICET Level II for fire sprinkler inspections
- Backflow Preventer certified for repair and testing
- Valid driver’s license
May supervise other Inspectors
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Industrial, Commercial, & Residential building environment with moderate to high noise levels, and comfort with working at heights.
- Mostly a physical demanding role. Majority of the daily demand is standing and walking stairs and climbing ladders.
- May be required to lift up objects up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to be on the phone and computer consistently throughout the day.
LIMITATIONS and QUALIFICATIONS:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Davis-Ulmer and its subsidiaries are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
DAVIS-ULMER'S ENDURING PURPOSE: "To Build Great Leaders"