Mears Construction, A Quanta Services Company
At Mears Construction, we believe in developing and retaining the best people in the industry and providing the best value services to our customers in the natural gas and electric industries. We take pride in developing the infrastructure of our country by connecting people and resources. As an industry leader over the last 65 years, we have built our reputation as a premier provider of services with a solid track record of performance, integrity and – above all – a commitment to safety, quality, and our people.
This entry-level position is primarily responsible for collecting and compiling field data.
What Do You Offer Us?
- Travel to field sites to collect and record data
- Assures the integrity, security, and effective performance of the GIS Program database(s)
- Serves as subject matter expert on GIS; assures effective communication of GIS system issues; analyzes problems and recommends solutions to meet standards and guidelines; prepares special and recurring reports and proposals for work projects, contracts, and GIS development plans
- Provide technical assistance using GIS to gain information on land variables
- Collect field data using GPS to map out gas lines underground
- Configure and maintain GPS units while troubleshooting any technical issues that arise
- Train field staff on data collection processes and techniques
- Identify and clearly communicate technical issues to team members and/or clients, such as exceptions from standards in client provided data and/or the scope of work which will impact production and/or end product
- Regularly performs quality control checks of GIS Data
- Rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
- Maintains absolute confidentiality of work-related issues, client records
- Works safely, follows safe work practices, and identifies and reports unsafe work conditions.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
What We Offer You:
- Paid on-the-job technical and professional training
- Defined career path for future growth
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits including Retirement Plan
- Hourly rate of $15-$17 per hour based on experience
What is Required?
- Requires education equivalent to a bachelor’s or associate degree in geography, computer science, planning, engineering or a closely related field
- Knowledge of the gas industry highly preferred
- Requires knowledge of GIS/ESRI software and application programming languages
- Familiar with field work and using technology in an outdoor environment.
- Valid Driver License with clean record
- The ability to pass pre-employment and random drug screening
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong problem solving and relational skills
- Traveling out of town to project sites when needed
- Bilingual is a plus but not required
This position is subject to the Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) drug & alcohol testing regulations as outlined in 49 CFR Part 382 and/or 49 CFR Part 199