Who is UFS?
UFS is the community bank technology outfitter that inspires confidence for community banks, by providing purpose-built solutions that make technology work for them, instead of the other way around. Founded in 1991, our purpose is to Empower Community Banks and Our People to Thrive – Together. We live that Purpose by always putting people first in our decisions and actions.
Our engaged culture is strongly influenced by the passion our team members bring while serving Community Banks and their communities. We believe in encouraging confidence in each other and delivering solutions that make our customers confident with us. To that end we seek out problem solvers, creative thinkers and engaged individuals that thrive in a fast-paced yet supportive environment.
We believe engaged employees lead to loyal customers, which in turn drives results for our business. We are caring, intense, and approachable, and have a lot of fun along the way. Tuesdays - we have Virtual Trivia Time, Thursdays - you might find us out on the patio playing cornhole, and you never know what to expect on “Friday Funday”.
UFS empowers community banks and our people to thrive – together. We are a growing company of passionate, talented and driven individuals who care deeply for one another and our customers. The Talent Acquisition Specialist’s main focus will be in the areas of candidate talent sourcing and placement, retention and strategy. They will foster a collaborative relationship with our hiring managers in order to attract the brightest talent. This role will also perform Human Resources related duties at the professional level to support the Human Resources department and provide a people-first and heart-forward culture that emphasizes our guiding principles of growth, integrity, partnership, steward leadership, empowerment, and balance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
We thrive in a dynamic and changing environment, which means our roles have a combination of routine, project-based and strategic activities. Following is a list of some of the initial responsibilities for this role:
- Drives the job requisition process with Hiring Managers and maintains full oversight of the interview process, including but not limited to scheduling and participating in phone, technical, video and onsite interviews for all levels of positions, debrief meetings, conducting background screens, etc.
- Works with internal Marketing team to post career opportunities to both internal and external resources
- Acts as a resource to provide information and assist candidates with booking travel, lodging and other logistics associated with the interview process
- Provides ongoing organization and maintenance of recruitment records, interview notes and electronic records to ensure compliance with document retention and data accuracy
- Represents UFS at job fairs and other community/educational events
- Conducts internet sourcing, campus recruitment, networking, outreach and other sourcing methods to build a pipeline for talent in the organization
- Tracks and maintains recruiting, hiring and turnover metrics and reports out on a consistent basis.
- Responsible for the successful onboarding and offboarding of employees and looks to create efficiencies and provide insight on process improvement strategies.
- Administers new hire evaluations after 30-days of employment and analyzes survey results in order to ensure our new hires feel confident in their role
- Leads initiative to enhance UFS’ Employee Recognition Program by utilizing creative efforts that supports our people-forward culture
- Oversees and maintains Employee Assistance Program and provides guidance to employees on efficient utilization
- Assists with preparation of payroll and administration as needed; updates employee records and timesheets on a regular basis
- Participates in employee event coordination
- Administers various employee training initiatives on an annual/semi-annual basis
- Actively participates in special projects and strategic initiatives based on our priorities for the year
- Performs other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 2+ years of experience in a Recruiting role required; preferably IT recruiting
- 1+ year experience as a Human Resource Generalist or Human Resource Administrative role preferred
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to think strategically to achieve organizational goals
- Self-starter and takes initiative on projects and tasks
- High level of organization and time management skills
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and prioritize
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment and displays willingness to make decisions
- Flexible, adaptable, detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must have high level of discretion and ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learning applicant tracking software or other recruitment systems; ADP experience desired
- Desire to continually improve and contribute to our Purpose of Empowering Community Banks and our People to Thrive – Together
Our Competitive Benefits Package
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401k program with employer match up to 6%
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long- term and Short- term Disability Insurance
- Work from Home Stipend
Personal and Professional Development
- Ongoing Professional Development
- Vibrant Leadership Development Program
- Optional Employee and Family Events