Rachel Development is seeking qualified applicants for a Development Manager position. Rachel Development is a full-service real estate firm focused on the acquisition and development of residential, multi-family, commercial, mixed use and senior housing properties. Our team welcomes individuals who are passionate about their work and committed to delivering quality workmanship with integrity and professionalism.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Manage and coordinate the day-to-day construction activities for assigned development projects.
- Assist with preconstruction development process as required.
- Solicit subcontractor bids, evaluate bids, select/award/manage subcontracts.
- Manage, schedule and facilitate changes with subcontractors.
- Perform all necessary project communications with subcontractors, clients, municipalities, field staff, office support staff and management.
- Effectively manage all compliance obligations required by city development agreements throughout the life cycle of projects.
- Effectively manage the timely completion and acceptance of all project improvements with focus on timely reduction and removal of any required financial obligations (letters of credit, bonds, warranties, etc.).
- Attend preconstruction meetings, weekly meetings and any other appropriate meetings to stay current on all active development projects.
- Manage SWPPP requirements for all open development sites including inspections and repairs for open permits.
- Ensure that safety policies and safe work methods are implemented on all projects. Immediately stop and correct safety violations or infractions by all employees, subcontractors and vendors.
- Ensure all QA/QC protocols for work completed on development projects.
- Document, communicate and invoice any damage of existing infrastructure by other companies or other company’s subcontractors for development project sites.
Position Qualification Preferences:
- 5-10 years of development or civil construction experience.
- Ability to be a team leader under challenging conditions
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Demonstrate ability to promote a safe work environment.
- Dependability: showing initiative and good follow through.
- Ability to problem solve and adjust to changing circumstances.
- Competitive Pay
- Comprehensive Medical, HSA, Dental and Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Employer Match Component
- Paid Time Off