Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package with competitive salaries and more including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Paid Volunteer time
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Referral Bonus
Business Intelligence Architect is responsible for design, development, implementation, and oversight of data structures, data warehousing, and repositories, as well as report preparation. Works extensively with software focused on market trends both historical and current to help create strategies for the organization. The BI architect works with legacy software and extracts data from it and loads the data into currently used software. Works through a process called ETL, which stands for extract, transform, and load. Business intelligence architects work closely with other information technology specialists within an organization to ensure the optimization of existing data structures ensuring that both legacy data and current are seamlessly integrated into the organization's larger information technology network such that the data are readily available for decisions that drive the organization's business vision.
- Serve as data collectors from several sources ranging from past and current market trends to industry reports.
- Provide expert guidance on Business Intelligence (BI) skills and technologies.
- Develop scalable and maintainable BI applications to meet business objectives.
- Design and implement dimensional and semantic data models.
- Develop security and authentication standards for the organization.
- Maintain accurate and complete technical architectural documents.
- Define BI standards, guidelines and best practices for business groups and technical teams.
- Support BI tools upgrades in development, testing and documentation and perform maintenance and troubleshooting activities for BI tools.
- Diagnose and resolve BI tool capacity issues and recommend strategies to improve performance and capacity of BI tools.
- Address customer queries and issues in a timely manner.
- Provide BI administration and technical support during weekends, after-hours and holidays when needed.
- Collaborate with BI Administrators, Developers and Analysts for successful development of BI reporting and analysis solutions.
- Work with business groups and technical teams to develop and maintain data warehouse platform for BI reporting.
- Assists in identification, evaluation, and implementation of new technology.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Excellent Power BI/Dax skills.
- SSAS tabular model experience.
- Strong dimensional modeling skills .
- Excellent SQL skills.
- Experience performing ETL from multiple source systems
Education, Experience, and Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in computer science from four-year college or university; or at least three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience with an established database platform required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Ability to prepare reports for the organization's top executives.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with other information technology professionals within the organization to coordinate data storage and retrieval.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in text or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to reasonably define priorities for the department.
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm®, we are challenging the construction industry’s assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation’s largest building contractors by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.