Mears Group, A Quanta Services Company
At Mears Group, we believe in developing and retaining the best people in the industry and providing best value services to our customers in the natural gas and electric industries. We take pride in developing the infrastructure of our country by connecting people and resources. As an industry leader, we have built our reputation as a premier provider of services with a solid track record of performance, integrity and – above all – a commitment to safety, quality and our people.
The position will require you to work primarily in an office setting as you help our Broadband division's construction team meet the needs of our valued and high-profile clients. The primary focus of this position will be ensuring our work is completed on time, within budget and meets quality expectations. This includes daily tracking of job(s) progress, budgets, and change order submittals. In addition, this role is expected to develop a strong, trusting relationship with our clients so that conflicts and requested changes are addressed quickly. The position requires strong communication with our clients, vendors, and sub-contractors to ensure our work quality not only meets, but exceeds expectations.
What Do You Offer Us?
- Supervise, lead, and provide guidance to a team
- Lead weekly conference calls with project groups
- Effectively interact and builds relationships with customers
- Assist in building the baseline schedule and project budget
- Oversee monthly financials, accruals, and forecasting
- Closely communicate with internal support groups
- Resolve escalated issues that require coordination with other departments
What We Offer You:
- Paid on-the-job technical and professional training
- Defined career path for future growth
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits including Retirement Plan
What is Required?
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience within pipeline integrity or pipeline construction
- Proven experience in project management
- Excellent client and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Primavera
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Construction Management, or related field
- PMP certification is a plus
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods with repeated lifting (Up to 50 lbs.); including kneeling, crawling, climbing, and reaching
- Reasonable travel may be required
This position is subject to the Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) drug & alcohol testing regulations as outlined in 49 CFR Part 382 and/or 49 CFR Part 199.