If you’re looking for a place to grow your career, where you can contribute to a dynamic employee-owned firm, tackle challenging project work, and collaborate with industry recognized professionals - Geosyntec is the place for you! As Senior Civil / Water Resources Engineer in either our Green Bay, Mequon, or Milwaukee, Wisconsin office, you will work on complex projects involving innovative urban stormwater management and natural surface water systems. Projects span urban stormwater infrastructure planning and design for both traditional and sustainable green infrastructure; coastal management; flood mitigation; hydrologic/hydraulic analyses of riverine systems for flood mitigation, mapping, and restoration; infrastructure design for industrial sites; design and permitting of dams and associated infrastructure; industrial and construction site NPDES permitting support, and regulatory support.
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directing multi-disciplinary project teams,
- Anticipating evolving markets and positioning with partnering firms,
- Performing and overseeing detailed hydrologic and hydraulic studies,
- Developing innovative green infrastructure solutions for the urban environment,
- Applying hydrologic and hydraulic modeling software, including 1-D & 2-D hydraulic models,
- Floodplain mapping and flood protection designs,
- In-stream and urban stormwater water quality modeling,
- Directing field investigations and construction support services,
- Developing construction documents, including engineering drawings and technical specifications,
- Preparing erosion and sediment control designs,
- Interacting with client representatives,
- Task and project-level responsibility for scoping, performing, managing and delivering multiple concurrent project assignments,
- Consistent with our sell-manage-do business model, play a role supporting lead generation, business development, staff development, and mentoring,
- Help broaden our reputation via publishing and visibility at prominent industry conferences,
- Task and project management, including planning and directing staff, budgeting and budget management, adherence to schedule, quality, client satisfaction, and profitability,
- Recruiting, supervising, and mentoring junior staff, and
- Preparing technical reports, letters, memoranda, plans, specifications, and proposals.
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will help integrate you into Geosyntec’s culture as you advance to this next stage of your career.
Here are some other things you should know about this position:
- Training: This position requires OSHA health and safety, boater certification, defensive driving certification, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
- Fieldwork and overnight travel is minimal (Up to 5%), but will be required.
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor's degree in environmental or civil engineering or natural resources science, with emphasis on water resources or closely related discipline. (required)
- Advanced degree in environmental or civil engineering or natural resources science, with emphasis on water resources or closely related discipline. (preferred)
- Professional registration (P.E. or CHg). (required)
- Certified Professional in Erosion and Sediment Control (CPESC), Certified Professional in Stormwater Quality (CPSWQ), and Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM). (preferred)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 8 years of direct engineering consulting experience working on water resource design projects with a variety of technical challenges; or equivalent combination of education and experience. (required)
- Experience with multi-disciplinary project teams. (required)
- Excellent leadership and detail-orientation skills. (required)
- Experience with modeling and design software tools such as EPA-SWMM, HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, AutoCAD, and ArcGIS. (preferred)
- Experience working with Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District (MMSD). (preferred)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits