Headquartered in Taylor, Mich., Atlas Oil, is a Simon Group Holdings company. Since our founding in 1985, Atlas has grown through technological and operational innovation, all while maintaining our unwavering commitment to customer success. Atlas offers single-source solutions for fuel, transportation and logistics and is one of the largest fuel distributors in the country, delivering over 1 billion gallons of fuel annually to customers in 49 states. We have an active real estate division and are engaged in transportation logistics and fueling including bulk, fleet, event, onsite, emergency response, and oil field services.
Atlas has a unique, entrepreneurial culture. We work hard, love what we do, focus on customers and have fun in the process! Our phenomenal growth is attributable to our people and that’s why we are successful in recruiting top talent. As an Atlas team member, you’ll receive the support of the entire Atlas team and be encouraged to learn and grow with us.
Atlas Oil offers its employees a full benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision options. We also offer life insurance, 401k that includes a company match and paid time off. In addition to that, we offer tuition reimbursement to assist our team members in their professional development. If you are driven to be the best you can be and are looking for an organization to match your high standards, look no further!
Looking for a motivated, positive, self-starting individual with prior experience in coordinating back office support (billing, accounting, setups, tax), operations and sales. This job provides the right individual an opportunity be involved in all areas of the division to ensure accurate financial reporting, timely billing, quick remediation of issues. This person will be the right-hand person to the business leader.
Required Education / Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, or related discipline
- Overall experience: 3+ years
Primary Responsibilities and Scope
- Working knowledge of ERP systems
- Proficient in Excel & Microsoft office
- Evaluates the need of the team to determine how an issue/concern can be resolved. Researches and routes to the appropriate subject matter expert within the organization or outside vendor/partner
- Forecasting monthly gallons
- Managing reporting of all fuel orders and solving issues
- In charge of all fuel movements and deployment reporting during storm season
- Liaison with the back office to ensure timely billing to our customers
- Process mapping and continuous improvement of all core business functions
- Problem solver of complex issues related to operations and sales
- Handle customer and carrier concerns related to payments
- Calling customers about daily top offs when all other responsibilities are achieved
- Desire to solve problems and an insatiable desire to help internal and external partners
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Accounting, or related discipline.
- Overall experience: 3+ years minimum.
- Strong learning skills and worth ethic.
- Ability to adapt to changing or increasing demands in an evolving role.
- Ability to offer excellent internal and external communication under pressure.
- Team player, Self-starter, self-motivated, trustworthy, well organized, ability to achieve goals, ability to focus and pay attention detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including proposal writing and presentation skills.
- Sense of urgency and professional follow through.
- Proficient skills Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook).
- Proficient in working in ERP systems to trouble shoot and resolve issues related to billing or run key system reports
- Ability to connect key concepts and ideas with implementation into daily tasks and projects.
- Excellent skills in organization, prioritization, time management, and problem-solving.
Preferred: Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within the Emergency Services fueling field