"Do Something Constructive" is more than a clever saying for the team at Construction Engineers; it is the founding principle for how our company approaches each day. Founded in 1978, Construction Engineers has earned a reputation for undertaking complex projects, fostering innovation, embracing emerging technologies, and making a difference for our clients, employees, and the communities we serve.
Construction Engineers operates a commercial division focusing primarily on office, education, healthcare, and public facilities, as well as an industrial division which builds processing plants and infrastructure systems.
Construction Engineers has staff located in offices in Grand Forks, Devils Lake, Fargo, Mandan, Watford City, ND and Bemidji, MN.
Construction Engineers is seeking Laborers for various projects.
- Comply with Company Code of Conduct and jobsite policies.
- Ability to operate basic carpentry tools and determine use in different situations.
- Basic reading and following of project drawings and documents.
- Measure materials or objects for installation or assembly.
- Performs selective demolition to include shoring, removals, and clean-up.
- Assist with all concrete tasks to include lay-out, forming, rebar installation, placing and finishing.
- Assist with all framing tasks to include lay-out, wall and roof framing, setting joists and trusses, sheathing, and stair construction.
- Assemble and fasten material together to construct wood or metal framework of structure, using bolts, nails, or screws.
- Anchor and brace forms and other structures in place, using nails, bolts, anchor rods, steel cables, planks, wedges, and timbers.
- Constructs forms and chutes for pouring concrete.
- Erects scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground level.
- Other duties as directed by the Superintendent and/or Supervisor.
- Comply with CE's safety program to maintain a safe, healthy, and accident-free work environment.
- Maintain a positive safety culture.
- Review safe work plans/JSA's prior to job commencement.
- Maintain tools and equipment in safe operating condition.
- Identify, correct, and document safety deficiencies.
- Ensure jobsite is clean and organized.
- Prior construction experience preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Problem solving abilities.
- Ability to function both independently and as a member of a team.
- Position required regularly to climb, bend, stand, sit, walk, lift, kneel, push, pull, crawl in the course of the workday.
- Good hand/eye balance is required in order to use the tools necessary to complete the required work.
- Must be able to work in all kinds of weather.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
Benefits of joining our team:
Training and Professional Development
Good Working Environment
Family Picnic/Holiday Party