Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package with competitive salaries and more including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Paid Volunteer time
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Referral Bonus
Assists the Business Unit Leaders to develop, grow and maintain business units, from the project lead stage through preconstruction, construction and closeout. Ensures operational excellence in the execution of all required policies and procedures by the business unit’s employees. Maintains a relentless focus on meeting and exceeding customer needs and expectations. Builds business with current customers by delivering on our promises and creates new business with potential customers in a proactive manner, promoting all of our construction services.
Project Financial Responsibilities
- Creates and monitors BET and presents to CEO/CFO.
- Oversees the process of creating and managing the project’s budget and coordinates the Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP) development.
- Has complete knowledge of the requirements of owner’s contract, including bonds, fees, insurances, notifications, schedules, reporting, and costs.
- Oversees the Project Manager in the development of the monthly Projected Final Cost Report (PFR) projections on time.
- Creates Project Incentive Compensation Plan within 30 days of GMP acceptance.
- Collaborates with the project’s operations team and Preconstruction to prepare, review, and monitor information and reports related to all costs involved in developing the project’s budget.
- Takes ownership of process of determining the quantity of budget estimates/deliverables to client.
- Supervises the project’s operations team on the subcontracting process, which includes holding initial scope review meetings, finalizing agreed price, developing subcontract scope of work, and managing the subcontract distribution and final execution process.
- Ensures the project’s operations team develops a plan, complies with, and reports on Minority Business Entity (MBE) requirements for the project, as required.
- Collaborates with project team to establish Mission Alignment Plan (MAP) with the client.
- Collaborates with project team to establish sustainability objectives for the project.
Project Start-up and Scheduling
- Collaborates with the project manager, scheduling, superintendent, subcontractors, and suppliers to create a construction schedule.
- Supervises the development of an organizational and responsibilities matrix at the start of each project and determines the resources needed for the project (e.g., people, tools, equipment, materials, internal and external services).
- Reviews the owner contract with all project participants (e.g., customers, employees, subcontractors, suppliers, government regulators, utilities) to ensure work is completed on time and within budget.
- Collaborate with the operations team to coordinate and deliver all requirements for subcontractors and suppliers to meet project schedules.
Project Administration, Operations and Close-out
- Responsible for supervising the project operations team on project administration and daily operations. Ensure the project manager prepares and maintains the project schedule, milestone dates, and close-out checklist. Reviews with project staff each quarter and assigns responsibilities, execution, and follow-up plans.
- Establishes relationships and communication tools as needed with suppliers and other key people to verify all materials, supplies, tools, equipment, and personnel are obtained and/or delivered when necessary. Ensures that all understand performance standards and expectations.
- Ensures that project site and company assets are secure and maintains a safe and respectful working environment at all times by implementing programs for safety and loss prevention, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), risk management, training, and quality control. Supports achievement of sustainability objectives for the project
- Routinely visits all assigned project sites to assess progress, quality of work and compliance with all required policies and procedures. Meets with all levels of project employees to discuss career development, accomplishments, concerns, ideas, etc.
Promote Customer Relations
- Builds effective relationships with customers, design team, subcontractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support company core values and meets or exceeds the customer’s expectations.
- Actively participates in industry, client, and community relations to enhance company image.
- Makes presentations to proactively seek new business opportunities through relationships.
Culture, Leadership and Employee Development
- Promotes our Creed. Communicates our vision and purpose through Service, Talent, & Choices.
- Serves as a role model and promotes professional behavior.
- Participates in and support operations training programs (including facilitation & development of training programs as requested), and commits to the development of project staff and of self.
- Prepares performance and salary reviews for employees, including annual development plans and related follow up.
- Develops and mentors operations employees at all levels.
Perform other related duties as needed
- Focus on Excellence
- Foster Teamwork & Collaboration
- Respect & Value Others
- Integrity V
- Thinking Skills
- Results Driven
- Establish Priorities
- Coach Others
- Interpersonal Sensitivity
- Motivate & Inspire Others
- Mindful of Risk & Safety
- Business Acumen
- The majority of work is completed on job sites in an office trailer or in an existing structure. Due to daily condition changes on construction projects, when employees are outside of the office trailer or structure, they must wear appropriate personal protective equipment as required by the company's safety policies and as required for weather conditions.
- The project team and/or team member may need to move to other projected work geographic locations, if necessary.
Education, Experience and Knowledge
- B.S. in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field preferred and 12+ years of experience. Depending upon the project size, scope, and complexity the years of experience may vary. Demonstrated ability to oversee multiple projects at a time.
- Demonstrates leadership skills with ability and willingness to face challenges, solve problems, and motivate others, while maintaining effective relationships with customers by meeting or exceeding their requirements and expectations.
- Supervises and develops direct reports while prioritizing and delegating significant responsibilities to others.
- Manages essential functions effectively by consistently driving for quality, profitable, safe, and timely results on the assigned project.
- Demonstrates solid presentation skills and verbal/written skills.
- Demonstrates proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company communication tools, such as email, internet, and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook).
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm®, we are challenging the construction industry’s assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation’s largest building contractors by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.