HEI Civil is a full-service civil construction company. We offer a full range of construction services, including heavy civil highway construction, commercial, residential, oil field, site development, dams and reservoirs, parks, and golf courses.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Main Line Hoe Operator to join our team.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Operate the equipment in adherence to safety policies, procedures, job site and/or traffic laws.
- Maintain 3 points of contact on all pieces of equipment at all times.
- Respond to signals and directions by other staff members and work in coordination with them.
- Perform daily walk around checks and properly complete daily checklist.
- Clean and maintain equipment.
- Perform routine inspection on assigned equipment and report any needed repair to the supervisor.
- Attend daily safety meetings with the crew.
- Report any safety violation to the Supervisor and/or Safety Department.
- Report any incident to the Supervisor or safety team.
- When not operating heavy equipment, must perform other duties as assigned by Foreman.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Understanding of computerized controls and electronics.
- Excellent hand, eye, and foot coordination.
- Basic understanding of construction principles and procedures.
- Ability to read and comprehend safety rules, plans, maintenance instructions, operating procedures, etc.
- Comfort working in
- Strong teamwork orientation
Education and Experience
- High school diploma/GED preferred.
- 5+ years’ operating a main line machine.
- Must have physical strength and endurance.
- Prolonged periods of sitting in a machine.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push and pull up to 50 pounds at times.
- Repetitive hand/arm/leg movements
- High-stress environment with extreme weather fluctuations.
Job Type: Nonexempt, Full-time
Salary: $38+ per hour; Based on Experience
- Health Insurance
- Sick Time
- Six paid holidays
- $10,000 Employer paid life insurance
- Voluntary dental, vision, life and Colonial supplemental insurance available for purchase