Operational since 2001, Dakota Ethanol in Wentworth, SD produces more than 90 million gallons of ethanol annually. The company also produces distillers grains and non-food grade corn oil, providing a feed source for local livestock producers or the biodiesel industry. Dakota Ethanol is owned and operated by Lake Area Corn Processors, LLC, which is comprised of more than 1,000 members, the majority of whom are South Dakota farmers. Dakota Ethanol is committed to being a strong partner in the local community, a key player in the regional economy and a leader in South Dakota’s ethanol industry.
What you get to do!
A Maintenance Technician is responsible for the preventive maintenance, repair and cleaning of the plant and equipment in a safe and efficient manner. FT position, 7am-4pm, overtime as needed and ability to meet call-in requirements.
What you get to do!
- Remove, install, rebuild, weld, torch, lubricate and clean all equipment associated with plant processes.
- Low voltage electrical troubleshooting, repair or replacement of controls, motors, valves, etc., plus perform wheeled equipment scheduled maintenance repairs.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, basic electrical maintenance, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals, blueprints and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities as directed and work with other departments to accomplish all tasks in a timely and safe manner.
- Utilize and support the use of the computerized maintenance system.
- Discuss any problems with maintenance manager and work with him/her on daily tasks.
- Learn the plant process for a better understanding of how the equipment is utilized.
- Complete any and all tasks assigned by Maintenance Manager.
- Maintain a team environment with other plant departments.
- Champion Dakota Ethanol, LLC in the community.
- Safe work practices are a condition of employment; complies with all OSHA and safety requirements. Take appropriate action to ensure safety of self and others in building.
- Must be able to come to work promptly and regularly.
- Must be able to take direction and work well with others.
- Must be able to work under the stress of deadlines.
- Must be able to concentrate and perform accurately.
- Must be able to react to change productively and handle other tasks as assigned.
What you need to have!
- Some experience with fabrication, welding, cutting, gearbox repair, pump alignment, material handling systems, preventative maintenance, and instrument and electrical work. PLC and computer diagnostic experience helpful but not required.
- Ability to perform basic arc, MIG and or TIG welding skills.
- Read and understand P&ID’s and schematics.
- Capable of operating scissor lift, JLG lift, forklift, sky track, front end loader, track mobile and bobcat.
- Ability to work at all heights.
- Welding experience required
- Must be able to: manage confined space entry, climb ladders and stairs, lift and move up to 60 lbs., work at heights, and meet call-in requirements as needed.
Time will be spent in a temperature-controlled office-based environment at the manufacturing facility. Ability to sit for long periods of time. Able to view computer screen for lengths at a time. Time will be spent in the plant. All types of chemical industry equipment are used in the plant to include, but not limited to fermentation vessels, jet cookers, agitators, mixing and milling equipment, distillation columns, centrifuges and distributive control systems. May be exposed to loud noises, wet and humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic chemicals, extreme hot and cold depending on weather conditions. Must be able to speak and listen clearly. Fine visual acuity to read for accuracy. Must be able to manage confined space entry, climb ladders and stairs, lift and move up to 25 lbs. Ability to work from elevated surfaces. Regularly exposed to dust, odors, fumes, noise, and temperature variations.
What you get from us!
Dakota Ethanol offers $19+/hour (DOE) PLUS benefits and a NEW HIRE BONUS - health insurance, Flex Spending Account, dental, 401k with company match, PTO & paid holidays,100% company paid group life insurance/AD&D/long term disability, AFLAC and a team environment!
If this is an excellent fit for you to join us near Wentworth, SD, apply with us!
Sioux Falls and South Dakota is full of adventure & great place to live in the midwest, see for yourself! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTehfsx6mFY