Founded in 1972, Saunders Construction provides integrated construction management, general contracting (CM/GC) and commercial real estate development services to a variety of market types in the Rocky Mountain region. Our values are why we exist and the cornerstone of all our decisions. Our reputation and relationships are based on Care, Collaboration, Commitment and Community. Ranked as one of the largest contractors in Colorado, Saunders has over $8 billion in successful projects encompassing a diverse portfolio of work across 18 market types.
In addition, Saunders is dedicated to corporate social responsibility (CSR). CSR at Saunders recognizes that investing in our people, focusing on safety, improving business processes, and reducing environmental impact adds value in our industry.
Position Title Assistant Project Manager
Salary Range $75K-$92K/year
Reports to Project Manager
Position Type Full-Time
Purpose of the Role
The Assistant Project Manager will provide overall administrative and technical management on construction project site from bid preparation through final acceptance by client.
Functions / Duties
- Provide initial client contact to assess scope of work and resources required to successfully complete project
- Prepare complete estimate for selected project with detailed review of proposal specifications, drawings, takeoff information, contracting, and the like
- Supervise total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule.
- Interfacing with client representatives, AE representatives, other contractors, etc.
- Plan, coordinate and supervise onsite functions (scheduling, engineering, material control, and may provide day-to-day direction of onsite administrative staff in accounting, purchasing, etc.)
- Supervise craft employees and/or other contractors as required by the contract
- Provide technical assistance, i.e., interpretation of drawings, recommending construction methods and equipment, etc., as required. Initiate and maintain extra work estimating and issuance of change orders
- Assume responsibility for productivity of crafts, efficient use of materials & equipment, and contractual performance of the project
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities / Qualifications / Experience
- Four year engineering degree, construction management degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience
- Minimum of five years of project management, estimating, and/or craft supervision experience in the construction industry
- Excellent communication, organizational and supervisory skills essential
- Willingness to relocate to Colorado Springs is preferred
The following are some of the physical demands commonly associated with this position:
- Spends approximately 70% of the time sitting, and 30% of the time either standing or walking while on the job.
- Occasionally* lifts up to 15 lbs, when moving project binders, office supplies or files, and may stoop, kneel, crouch, and balance while performing these same functions.
- Occasionally required to climb, crawl, stoop and negotiate ladders, stairs or other routes at and within project sites in order to fulfill duties.
- Constantly uses verbal and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as E-Mail, telephone and radio.
- Constantly employs eye, hand and finger coordination enabling the use of office machinery such as computer keyboard.
- Constantly utilizes full scope of visual capacity to travel to project sites and observe/verify project progress in addition to operating automated office equipment.
Constantly - Activity exists more than 2/3 of the time
Frequently - Activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Occasionally - Activity exists less than 1/3 of the time.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Section 125 Plan
- 401k Plan / Safe Harbor plan
- Paid Time Off
- Bonus Program
- Employer Paid Term Life Insurance
- Employer Paid Short Term Disability
- Employer Paid Long Term Disability
Please Note: We communicate via e-mail. Please check your spam/junk settings to ensure you receive our communication.
This posting is intended for individual applicants.