Job Posting Close Date: May 11, 2021
Hiring Range: $16 - $18 hour
Responsible for providing technical support for the comprehensive Human Resources records management program at HRT. Support will include the processing of materials, documents, or records for the organization’s computer-based imaging operations based on the policies and procedures for the Records Management program and assistance in the control of these records throughout their lifecycle.
Essential Job Functions
(Duties listed are not intended to be all inclusive nor to limit duties that might reasonably be assigned.)
- Process incoming information and documents using appropriate technology and equipment.
- Validate integrity of accessioned records using established quality control procedures to verify completeness/thoroughness of the records (check creation date, originator, and file name to validate a record’s content).
- Maintains official HRT personnel records and files confidential documents in compliance with HRT policy and applicable legal requirements.
- Maintains all terminated personnel records in accordance with Document Control regulations.
- Confirm and verify data in the RIM software application according to established procedures.
- Perform imaging and digitizing activities in support of the RIM program and project objectives by following established procedures.
- Follow established procedures to protect the integrity and authenticity of records.
- Migrate data and/or media by following approved procedures that address the elements of data accessibility and authenticity.
- Review and update data to increase efficiency of the record repository and perform data normalization, cleanup, and reconciliation activities.
- Provide reprographics imaging services as directed.
- Respond to specific requests by searching, locating, retrieving, and delivering records or information through established procedures and delivery systems in a timely manner.
- Perform assigned tasks supporting the implementation of the organization’s approved retention schedules.
- Dispose of records in accordance with RIM policies and procedures to meet the compliance requirements of the organization.
- Comply with records security classification policy and procedures.
- Support the security of records by following organizational policy.
- Communicate and interact with customers to provide effective customer service.
- Responsible for maintaining a general awareness of HRT’s EMS.
- Responsible for handling all related job responsibilities in accordance with HRT’s Environmental Policy, relevant EMS Standard Operating Procedures, and Emergency Management Plan.
- Maintains working relationship with HRT personnel.
- Assist the HR Compliance Manager with any other duties as may be required from time to time either directly or indirectly related to the records management function. Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills essential to Job Functions:
Knowledge of RIM technologies and best practices; knowledge of RIM software and imaging hardware; knowledge of quality control techniques; must be able to work outside of regular business hours as required; must be able to effectively communicate with HRT staff verbally and in writing.
Required Software Knowledge and Skills essential to Job Functions:
Proficiency in using computer systems and the listed software applications associated with performance of assigned work is essential. Basic problem-solving skills associated with software applications used is expected. Software usage relevant to job duties will be evaluated.
E-mail – Microsoft Outlook; PeopleSoft Finance and HCM; Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, and Photo Editor; Adobe Acrobat Professional, Bentley View, and Application Xtender.
Perform all job duties and responsibilities in a safe manner to protect one’s self, fellow employees, and the public from injury or harm. Promote safety awareness and follow safety procedures and policies. Take an active part in reporting unsafe conditions and any hazards within the workplace to their Supervisor, Manager and/or the Safety Department.
Training and/or Education:
Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent. 2-4 years of work experience as a Records Clerk or equivalent. Prefer 1 or more years of college with specialized course work in administrative management and/or computer technology.
A minimum of two years of experience in records imaging is required. Requires experience in operating office equipment such as reprographics equipment and digital imaging scanners. Requires strong computer skills including working knowledge of desktop office software and demonstrated competency in proofreading.
Licenses or Certificates:
Virginia Driver’s License
This position is classified as non-essential personnel.
Work requires some physical effort in the operation of a keyboard device and scanner, filing, moving records in boxes and other containers, lifting standard records storage boxes weighing at least 35 lbs, and climbing stairs to reach file storage areas. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work involves meeting multiple demands on a timely basis. Duties may require some seasonal overtime. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.