The Ruhlin Company is seeking to hire a Business Development Manager for our corporate office in Sharon Center, Ohio.
Position summary: Collaborate with the Vice President - Business Development with a focus on supporting the company-wide business development needs ensuring an ongoing source of client revenue and a positive company image in the community.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with K-12, healthcare, collegiate and municipal clients.
- Secure profitable work.
- Help ensure clients have a positive experience when dealing with Ruhlin.
- Help ensure “Ruhlin” is a recognized name, held in high regard industry and community wide.
- Communicate effectively with the Vice President - Business Development and other Company personnel.
- Grow business through the identification and development of prospects from current clients, referral leads and other sources.
- Research, identify and develop client contacts regarding potential new work through research, phone calls, “cold calls”, promotional literature, etc.
- Maintain a “prospects” tracking system.
- Leverage relationships with existing and potential clients/owners; identify opportunities for additional business.
- Take a leadership role in developing key business partnerships; actively participate in industry and civic events to promote Ruhlin’s exposure, market share/penetration, sales, and corporate philosophy.
- Prepare responses to Request for Proposals and Request for Qualifications with input from assigned project personnel.
- Prepare presentations in coordination with assigned project personnel.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the strategic marketing plan and the department budget.
- Perform business development and marketing activities for the building market segments.
- Assist with the development of proposals, presentations, and brochure materials.
- Prepare clear, concise, and informative reports, correspondence, and other written material.
- Identify new methodologies, technologies, and trends in the construction industry to keep the Company competitive in the marketplace, monitor competitors.
- Perform additional assignments as directed by the Vice President - Business Development.
- Communicate and reinforce the Company vision, values, and goals.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in A/E/C, Business Administration, Marketing, or related field preferred
- Minimum of 5 years progressively responsible experience with at least 2 years in the sales/marketing function, preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to forecast, formulate and implement strategic business plans.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and sales skills.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with a variety of individuals including business owners and senior executives.
- Ability to travel periodically and attend meetings and functions outside of normal work hours.
- Ability to gather, interview Ruhlin personnel and compose new language for proposals.
- Work with and cross-sell the Heavy Civil, Structural, and Industrial markets as opportunities to do so arise.
- Commitment to Company values.
About The Ruhlin Company
The Ruhlin Company was founded on a corporate philosophy of partnership. Since 1915, we have created cooperative relationships with our clients by listening closely to their needs and successfully translating their visions into reality. Client satisfaction is the bedrock of our reputation, earned through innovative construction technology, experienced leadership and an unswerving commitment to quality. Today Ruhlin enjoys a national reputation as a construction services leader. From bridges to buildings, client success is built in.
Ruhlin offers an array of comprehensive services from General Contracting and Construction Management to Design-Build. Our diverse team of talented project managers and construction experts offers decades of experience providing successful projects that meet or exceed our clients' expectations.
Our experience includes facilities for education, healthcare, parking decks, historical renovation, industrial, governmental and municipal buildings, energy conservation and alternative energy generation, structural erection, heavy civil projects, bridges, dams, highways and transportation infrastructure.
As construction methods evolve, so does The Ruhlin Company. Our in-house professionals are well versed in Sustainable Construction as well as USGBC LEED Design and Construction requirements. Ruhlin currently has several LEED Accredited Professionals (AP) on staff and is committed to accreditation of all of our project staff in the LEED process. We are dedicated to improving our sustainable construction processes while Conserving, Protecting and Constructing Sustainable facilities.
The Ruhlin Company was established 100 years ago and has become one of Ohio’s most recognized General Contractors, Construction Managers and Design-Builder firms.
The Ruhlin Company offers a comprehensive benefits package to eligible employees which includes: Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP), 401k match, Bonus, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability coverage, paid vacation and sick days.
The Ruhlin Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in Ohio's Drug Free Safety Program