Mears Group, a Quanta Services Company, safely provides comprehensive infrastructure services to fiber, wireline and wireless carrier customers within the communications industry. With a focus on delivering for our customers at the highest quality and service, we need smart, dedicated individuals that take pride in their work and have the savvy to thrive in a rapidly growing environment.
We are actively seeking an experienced labor, with knowledge of proper utility construction to work on telecommunications infrastructure in the South and East Bay region. All candidates must adhere to strict safety standards while ensuring the highest quality of work is completed efficiently and timely.
Subject to drug and alcohol testing, per applicable federal regulations or as required by Mears.
- Lift, carry, hold and move building materials, tools, and supplies.
- Perform a variety of routine, non‐machine tasks, such as removing forms from set concrete, filling expansion joints with asphalt, placing culvert sections in trench, assembling sections of dredge pipeline, driving stakes.
- Perform cleaning, compacting, grading, painting, sanding or stripping operations; worker may spend time on one job or may be transferred from task to task as the project progresses to completion.
- Participate in all safety related processes and programs as requested.
- Report all accidents and near misses to supervisor; participate in investigation process as needed.
- Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Coordinate work with other crafts and co‐workers on the job.
- Produce quality work, meeting requirements of plans, specifications and industry standards.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience and Skills):
- Construction experience is helpful though not required.
- Ability to use the following tools on a daily basis:
- Jack Hammer,
- Jumping Jack,
- Roto Hammer,
- Cut-Off Saw,
- plastic conduit,
- sledge hammer,
- pipe wrench,
- wire cutters,
- bolt cutters,
- cable cutters,
- drilling shafts, etc
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Work is performed most frequently outdoors in weather conditions that vary from below freezing temperatures to heat above 90 degrees, in wet and dry conditions and in rural areas. Employee’s may perform duties around energized and de-energized electric lines and equipment and moving mechanical parts. Work may be performed in confined spaces. Some exposure to odors, gases, dust and dirt may occur. The noise level in the work environment may range from moderate to loud.
Work is heavy and requires exertion of up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Lifting and carrying of 10 to 50 pounds frequently is required. Reaching and lifting overhead is frequent. Job requires standing, crawling, climbing, bending, twisting, pushing, pulling and reaching a majority of the time. Performs work on poles at heights of up to 75 feet, normally in awkward positions. May spend long periods of time driving and/or riding in line construction vehicles to reach remote areas of the service territory.
It is the continuing policy of Mears Group to afford equal opportunities for all qualified persons, regardless of their race, creed, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status or any other protected class at the local, state, or federal level. No person shall be excluded from employment consideration on the basis of these factors.