The Talent Acquisition Coordinator is responsible for recruiting and retaining new team members as well playing an active role in the onboarding process to ensure a seamless experience for new employees. This vital position requires keen attention to detail and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
The Talent Acquisition Coordinator is responsible for partnering with the Talent Acquisition team to assist with the robust recruiting and onboarding activities for all agency positions. This role will own the onboarding communication with all new hires. This communication will be scheduled at specific times with the goal of collecting useful feedback about the onboarding experience. The Talent Acquisition Coordinator will partner with the entire HR Team, Technology department and hiring managers to ensure a successful onboarding experience
Essential Job Functions:
(Duties listed are not intended to be all inclusive nor to limit duties that might reasonably be assigned.)
- Recruiting responsibilities include but are not limited to recommending recruitment sources, resume and application review, prescreening of candidates, participating in the interview process, and verifying professional references.
- Provide recruiting support to managers by preparing offer letters and processing background investigations, pre-employment drug testing as well as confirming completion of all pre-employment contingencies.
- Meets critical deadlines for initiating background screening and completing drug test process
- Create effective advertising strategies, utilizing internet resources, interviewing, and evaluating candidates.
- Assists with the tracking and maintenance of statistics on effectiveness of recruitment though weekly reports on recruiting data for presentation to HR leadership and business partners.
- Supporting the execution of employment branding strategy
- Assist with community and college/university recruitment.
- Participates in various career fair events and related activities.
- Supports applicants with online recruitment system account setup, application completion, application updates, and application submissions; responds to applicant inquiries regarding application statuses in the recruitment process.
- Schedules post-offer pre-employment physicals and drug screens and acquires DMV report for new hires.
- Process pre-employment background checks and ensures forms are completed correctly, retrieves and disseminates results accordingly.
- Conducts outreach or field recruitment duties including participation in on-site and group presentations.
- Maintains current knowledge of EEO, ADA, FCRA guidelines and laws, and state laws regarding employment practices and procedures.
Onboarding & Training:
- The Talent Acquisition Coordinator facilitates the activities from acceptance of the position to the candidate start date. Must take ownership of communicating the process as well as the coordination of pre-employment activities and hiring the incumbent into PeopleSoft HCM.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining all onboarding and recruitment materials to include protocols, questionnaires, power points, reference sheets, visual aids, handbooks, tutorials, and various training guides; ensures all material is compliant and up to date in regards to policies and procedural changes.
- Facilitates new employee orientation by preparing and creating orientation documents and materials for new employees, including benefit packages and employee handbooks; arranges and conducts employee information presentations and enrollments.
- Prepares documents for scanning into personnel record keeping system.
- Prepares, maintains and organizes employee files, assuring accuracy, compliance and confidentiality.
- Responsible for distributing the following forms to the appropriate department: completed I-9 (HR Compliance Manager, W-4, VA4-A, direct deposit, copy of driver’s license and social security card (Payroll), badge request (Security) and acceptable use and new employee
- It is the responsibility of the Talent Acquisition Coordinator to ensure an enjoyable, fast, and useful onboarding experience for new employees at Hampton Roads Transit. The Talent Acquisition Coordinator will provide guidance and assistance to new hires. This position involves a broad scope of responsibilities including, running queries, records administration, action entry and tracking, ensuring accuracy of I-9 form completion, tax documentation and new employee orientation.
- This position will also assist managers with new hire checklist requirements, schedule New Employee Orientation, and assist new hires through the on-boarding process.
- Participates in new employee orientation activities and the assembly of orientation materials. Schedules designated new employees for Conflict of Interest training.
- Updates and maintains a variety of logs and databases and enters DOT physicals and DMV information in Peoplesoft.
- Answers, follows up, and assists with general employee inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Provides HRIS and other data entry support and regular administrative support.
- Assists the Talent Acquisition team and with special projects or company activities.
- Prepares and enters into PeopleSoft HCM new employee data, personnel and payroll related actions. Reviews documentation and applicant data prior to hire of employee in PeopleSoft HCM.
- Responsible for set-up of initial user access to PeopleSoft HCM for all new hires
- Manages the HR Helpdesk to include tracking and scheduling of request.
- The Talent Acquisition Coordinator provides assistance as required to the Talent Acquisition Manager for any departmental reports or scheduling.
- Manage records created and received in compliance with the Hampton Roads Transit Records Management Policy and Procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining a general awareness of HRT’s EMS.
- Responsible for handling all related job responsibilities in accordance to HRT’s Environmental Policy, relevant EMS Standard Operating Procedures, and Emergency Management Plan.
- Will perform other duties as assigned by management in meeting needs of the department.
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills essential to Job Functions:
This position requires an extremely perceptive person, who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels. As unique situations present themselves, the individual must be sensitive to organization needs, employee customer service, and the public image; and a strong understanding and appreciation of a diverse work environment is required. Ability to maintain confidentiality; organize, prioritize and follow-up on work assignment. Excellent writing and grammar skills are required and must be able to produce accurate reports and correspondence. Strong customer service and data entry abilities. Strong attention to detail, ability manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously. Must have good writing and grammar skills. Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Ability to work in a fast pace, dynamic and growing work environment. Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public.
- Knowledge of Federal, State and employment regulations and policies (EEO, ADA, FCRA, FLSA, Title VII etc.).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; the ability to research, develop and present ideas before large groups.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to build relationships both within and outside the organization.
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
Required Software Knowledge and Skills essential to Job Functions:
Proficiency in using computer systems and the listed software applications associated with performance of assigned work is essential. Basic problem-solving skills associated with software applications used is expected. Software usage relevant to job duties will be evaluated.
Intermediate - Expert level in all Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Outlook and OneDrive). Adobe Pro. Experience with using a HRIS or Applicant Tracking System
Perform all job duties and responsibilities in a safe manner to protect one’s self, fellow employees, and the public from injury or harm. Promote safety awareness and follow safety procedures and policies. Take an active part in reporting unsafe conditions and any hazards within the workplace to their Supervisor, Manager and/or the Safety Department.
Training and/or Education:
Minimum of an Associate’s degree from an accredited college.
Two years of relevant professional experience in human resources with emphasis on staffing, recruitment, onboarding or workforce planning
Licenses or Certificates:
Virginia Driver’s License. Professional HR certification preferred but not required
CONFIDENTIALITY. This position is classified as non-essential personnel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work involves meeting multiple demands on a timely basis. Duties may require work outside normal business hours. Travel to and from different office suites will occur.