Job Title: Director of Catering Sales
Job Type: Full-time, exempt
Supervisor: General Manager
Location: Best Western Plus and Green Mill
Bird Dog Equity Partners is a hotel investment and management company that believes in putting people first. Beneath our core business of hospitality lies our purpose of creating lifelong relationships and enriching the lives of all those we provide hospitality to – our team members, guests, and investor partners. Every one of our team members seeks to live and breathe the values that define our culture, the Bird “Dogma”:
The Bird “Dogma”
- We Put People First
- We Dependably Drive Results
- We Constantly Keep a Positive Attitude
- We Never Stop Improving, Ever
- We Relentlessly Solve Problems
The Best Western Plus and Green Mill in Shoreview, MN is seeking an experienced Director of Catering with the ability to generate revenue and actively promote a the Best Western Plus and Green Mill Restaurant & Bar. The role of the Director of Catering is essential to the success of the property. That success depends upon their ability to drive sales and revenue through generating new customers, fostering and growing current customer relationships, deeply engaging in community activities, coordinating top-notch events and banquets, creating positive community relationships and demonstrating the ability to implement other revenue-generating sales and marketing strategies that reflect and enhance the hotel’s image as the finest in the community.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Drive sales and revenue performance for the restaurant and conference center.
- Develops sales strategies and programs designed to maximize revenue and yield.
- Coordinates all banquet/event sales activities.
- Generate new customer accounts and relationships.
- Communicate all sales efforts to internal team through effective written and oral communication.
- Coordinate and execute sales blitzes for the conference center and Green Mill.
- Qualifies prospective leads as to profitability.
- Positively represent the property in the community by participating and/or attending hospitality and community organizations/events to include the local chamber, CVB, and other community/networking events.
- Work with restaurant, banquet, and other internal team members to ensure all guests and customers are treated with accurate and world-class hospitality.
- Respond to additional sales-related needs at the direction of the general managers.
- Be familiar with competition in the market/competitive set.
- Work in a cooperative and friendly manner with fellow team members.
- Perform any reasonable request as assigned or directed by General Manager.
Experience, Skills, and Education
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong service skills to include problem-solving and complaint resolution
- Self-starter with high degree of initiative
- Strong business communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- 3 years proven convention and restaurant sales experience, demonstrating proven creative thinking and results driven leadership skills
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Suite
- May be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the property
- Ability to participate in, and at times lead departmental and/or property team meetings
- Experience in food & beverage operations
- Selfless, team-oriented, and always eager to improve
- Working knowledge of IT and computer systems
- Able to motivate and train team to provide a world-class guest experience
**Please note that this job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all functions that a Director of Catering may be asked to perform.