Cogswell Sprinkler Company, Inc., a subsidiary of Davis-Ulmer Sprinkler Company, is a full-service fire protection contractor with complete design, installation, inspection, testing and maintenance capability that has been in business for over 30 years and offers a challenging work environment.
At Davis-Ulmer we believe that investing and empowering our employees as leaders develops an organization that delivers innovative solutions and services that create a superior customer experience. The unique blend of our leader's abilities and the ownership of their work, combined with our culture and values, creates something that is simply described as the Davis-Ulmer difference.
As a result of continued growth, we are currently seeking candidates for a Delivery Driver / Shop Assistant at our office in Worcester, MA. Please read through the following job description, if you are interested in applying, please be sure to attach a cover letter and resume for our review.
What we offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending
- Health Savings
- Profit Sharing
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life and Disability Insurance Options
This position is responsible for the delivery of tools and materials to the job sites, along with the maintenance of the shop.
- Ensures material is available for the shop and delivers to job sites.
- Prepares each job in accordance with the fabrication list or verbal/written instructions.
- Cut, thread and groove sprinkler pipe.
- Receives and processes tools and material for the branch.
- Operates shop equipment and machinery in accordance with safety requirements.
- Perform daily vehicle inspection and record in log book.
- Reports problems and discrepancies to management.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area at all times.
- Assists the Shop Foreman as required.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma / GED required
- Previous shop experience preferred
- Must be able to drive a 24-ft flatbed rack body truck
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Valid driver’s license
- MassDOT certification, or ability to obtain
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds by self and up to 100 pounds assisted (with another person or mechanical assistance)
- Ability to climbs ladders up to 6 foot
- Ability to drive a fork-lift
- Shop environment with exposure to outside elements during all seasons
LIMITATIONS and QUALIFICATIONS:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory results of a pre-employment drug test and criminal background check.
Davis-Ulmer and its subsidiaries are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
DAVIS-ULMER'S ENDURING PURPOSE: "To Build Great Leaders"