Mears Group, A Quanta Services Company
At Mears Group, we believe in developing and retaining the best people in the industry and providing best value services to our customers in the natural gas and electric industries. We take pride in developing the infrastructure of our country by connecting people and resources. As an industry leader, we have built our reputation as a premier provider of services with a solid track record of performance, integrity and – above all – a commitment to safety, quality and our people.
Mears Group, a Quanta Services Company, safely provides comprehensive infrastructure services to fiber, wireline and wireless carrier customers within the communications industry. With a focus on delivering for our customers at the highest quality and service, we need smart, dedicated individuals that take pride in their work and have the savvy to thrive in a rapidly growing environment.
What Do You Offer Us?
- Locate telecom utilities with either Digi-track or Subsite locating systems.
- Operate equipment, including, but not limited to directional drills, locating systems, trencher, backhoe, excavators.
- Capabilities to operate equipment to trench, place duct, pull cable, and direct bury main-line and drops.
- The ability to work safely, with or without supervision.
- Locator must always be knowledgeable of all typical safety procedures and be able to apply them.
- Other duties as required.
What We Offer You:
- Paid on-the-job technical and professional training
- Defined career path for future growth
- Weekly Payroll
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits including Retirement Plan
What is Required?
- Pass Pre-Employment drug screen and background check
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods with repeated lifting (Up to 50 lbs.), kneeling, crawling, climbing and reaching
- Must be able to be a subject of loud work environments
- Must be able to be a subject of extreme cold and warm outside work environmental temperatures
- High school Diploma or equivalent
This position is subject to the Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) drug & alcohol testing regulations as outlined in 49 CFR Part 382 and/or 49 CFR Part 199.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.