Title: Consulting Utility Forester
CNUC is an employee-owned company with a strong commitment to recruiting and developing the best talent in the utility vegetation management industry. As our company continues to expand across the country and beyond, new career opportunities are becoming available.
As our next Consulting Utility Forester, you’re on your way to the open road and traveling the trails! We keep the lights on anywhere there’s a power line - whether in the city, the rural countryside, or deep in the remote forest. As a Consulting Utility Forester, you’ll keep communities informed about the trees and power lines, while ensuring safe delivery of their power and pursuing opportunities to develop sustainable habitat throughout the utility right-of-way. In this role, your office is the great outdoors!
Working for CNUC could be your next great job if:
- You love talking to new people, being outside, and working independently.
- You have strong problem-solving skills and pay close attention to detail.
- You’re willing to learn. We provide ongoing training and assistance in obtaining industry-related certifications.
- Inspection, identification, and evaluation of trees and brush along gas pipeline ROWs
- Customer notification and work authorization of vegetation management with private, local, state, and federal land owners
- Submit inspection results and work plans to utility clients with remediation recommendations
- Extensive drive time through the state inspecting vegetation management work
- Detailed data collection
- Daily utilization of GIS maps and planning software
- Assistance may be required during emergency response times such as storms or fires
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned
- Degree in forestry or related field and/or experience in utility/gas vegetation management is desired
- Team player with strong leadership skills
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Superior tree and shrub species identification skills and knowledge of growth rates
- Ability to work independently with good time management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to travel and work in rugged terrain and inclement weather
- Proficient in map navigation skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office and data collection software (GIS experience a plus)
- Ability to interact with customers, government agencies and other stakeholders as required or directed
- Travel is very minimal
To apply, visit https://wearecnuc.com/careers/ and submit an application.