“Established in 1972, Saunders Construction, Inc. is a customer-centric organization providing a wide range of services based on our client’s needs. Our customers are always the center of what we do. Our values are why we exist and the cornerstone of all our decisions. Our reputation and relationships are based on Care, Collaboration, Commitment and Community. With over $5 billion in successful projects, Saunders is currently ranked as one of the largest general contractors in Colorado by Engineering News Record Magazine and the Denver Business Journal. Saunders takes pride in our depth, diversity and consistency.”
||Director of Preconstruction Services
Purpose of the Role
Prepare complete estimates for assigned project(s) of small ($0) to medium ($2.5m) size and complexity.
Functions / Duties
- Follow all company procedures.
- Review and incorporate historical data from recent and past project history, discussions with subcontractors, etc. into unit cost and production rates used to generate budgets.
- Review Request for Proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre−bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of budget/estimate.
- Prepare budgets/estimates by completing takeoffs of scope of work.
- Insure all working documents and data are maintained to back-up estimate figures.
- Prepare full detail analysis of subcontractor/supplier proposals.
- Contact and communicate with all subcontractors to ensure pricing and scope of work are complete and accurate.
- Coordinate total budgeting/estimating effort relevant to particular project as assigned.
- Maintain files of working documents as back−up for budget/estimate figures.
- Interface with owner, architect/engineer(s), and other contractors to provide engineering and cost data regarding project feasibility.
- Review awarded contracts prior to issuance to subcontractors. This may include: estimating extra work items, change orders, credits, procuring material, etc.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
- Build relationships with subcontractors/suppliers.
- Build team oriented and respectful relationships with Operations.
- Provide and receive constructive criticism in a respectful manner that strengthens the team and individuals.
- Complete all tasks, as required, by the project deadlines.
- Maintain a positive attitude.
- Good verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Continuously improve personal and technical abilities to enhance the department and company.
- Support all preconstruction/estimating efforts on projects from kick off to budget handoff.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities / Qualifications / Experience
Educational and experience requirements include:
- 4 year engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and field experience.
- 1 to 4 years estimating, cost control and/or engineering experience related to similar facility construction.
- Minimal estimating, cost control, and engineering experience related to similar facility construction.
- Good knowledge of estimating techniques and cost control, as well as ability to interpret computerized cost data and systems.
- Good plan reading abilities.
- Good level of proficiency in required estimating software.
The following are some of the physical demands commonly associated with this position:
- Spends approximately 70% of the time sitting, and 30% of the time either standing or walking while on the job.
- Occasionally* lifts up to 15 lbs, when moving project binders, office supplies or files, and may stoop, kneel, crouch, and balance while performing these same functions.
- Occasionally required to climb, crawl, stoop and negotiate ladders, stairs or other routes at and within project sites in order to fulfill duties.
- Constantly uses verbal and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as E-Mail, telephone and radio.
- Constantly employs eye, hand and finger coordination enabling the use of office machinery such as computer keyboard.
- Constantly utilizes full scope of visual capacity to travel to project sites and observe/verify project progress in addition to operating automated office equipment.
Constantly - Activity exists more than 2/3 of the time
Frequently - Activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Occasionally - Activity exists less than 1/3 of the time.
Saunders Construction's Benefits
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Section 125 Plan
- 401k Plan / Safe Harbor plan
- Paid Time Off
- Bonus Program
- Employer Paid Term Life Insurance
- Employer Paid Short Term Disability
- Employer Paid Long Term Disability
Please Note: We communicate via e-mail. Please check your spam/junk settings to ensure you receive our communication.
This posting is intended for individual applicants.