Mears Group, A Quanta Services Company
At Mears, we believe in developing and retaining the best people in the industry and providing the best value services to our customers in the natural gas and electric industries. We take pride in developing the infrastructure of our country by connecting people and resources. As an industry leader over the last 65 years, we have built our reputation as a premier provider of services with a solid track record of performance, integrity and – above all – a commitment to safety, quality, and our people.
Engineer (Integrity Solutions)
This position reports to the Construction Manager of the Project and will be responsible for data collection, research and analyses for corrosion and pipeline integrity-related projects. This individual will also be responsible for providing oversight of field inspection teams, creating technical reports, interacting with customers and occasional travel to client facilities.
What Do You Offer Us?
- Perform field survey work pertaining to layout and tracking of work activities, utilizing PC based software and GPS station/field equipment.
- Support the Project Manager on material management, including inventory tracking, material receiving, and reporting.
- Responsible for implementing the project quality assurance/ quality control process, including establishing, organizing, and maintaining project documentation.
- Ability to timely identify any changes in the conditions of the work performed to the CM and PM that may impact costs, schedule, and contract or customer relationship.
- Ability to assemble and coordinate resolution of punch list items in cooperation with the customer and ensuring timely completion of outstanding items.
- Provide support for construction, assist in the resolution production issues, including participation in construction planning process.
- Interface with on-site construction crews as required; ensuring safety is maintained, quality of construction, adherence to overall project schedule, and tracking productivity goals.
- Assist in the development of project job books and facilitate the turnover of contract documentation to the client.
What We Offer You:
- Paid on-the-job technical and professional training
- Defined career path for future growth
- Weekly Payroll
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits including Retirement Plan
What is Required?
- Bachelor’s degree (Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent preferred).
- Four or more year’s industrial construction In lieu of college degree.
- Experience / knowledge of operations, construction, design, finance, and management preferred.
- Understanding of utility industry practices, operations, contract administration, contract management, processes, and standards, with emphasis on power, transmission, and telecommunications business preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel and Word.
- Ability to lift 50lbs, walk long distances, work outside.
- 100% Travel is required for this position.
- Extended work hours, including Saturday, as may be necessary to meet contract requirements.
This position is subject to the Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) drug & alcohol testing regulations as outlined in 49 CFR Part 382 and/or 49 CFR Part 199.