Title: Consulting Utility Forester - (Work Planner)
Employee Sign On Bonuses!
CNUC is an employee-owned company with a strong commitment to recruiting and developing the best talent in the utility vegetation management industry. As our company continues to expand across the country and beyond, new career opportunities are becoming available.
As our next Work Planner, you’re on your way to the open road and traveling the trails! We keep the lights on anywhere there’s a power line - whether in the city, the rural countryside, or deep in the remote forest. As a Consulting Utility Forester, you’ll keep communities informed about the trees and power lines, while ensuring safe delivery of their power and pursuing opportunities to develop sustainable habitat throughout the utility right-of-way. In this role, your office is the great outdoors!
Working for CNUC could be your next great job if:
- You love talking to new people, being outside, and working independently.
- You have strong problem-solving skills and pay close attention to detail.
- You’re willing to learn. We provide ongoing training and assistance in obtaining industry-related certifications.
- Assist with random observations/inspections of vegetation crews for the purpose of observing and documenting work practices specifically related to safety compliance.
- Conduct inspections of completed vegetation management work in order to ensure compliance to applicable guidelines and/or standards for vegetation clearances and work quality including follow-up entry of inspection data on applicable forms and in applicable computer systems.
- Provide assistance to the Foresters in the coordination of their overall vegetation management program as required.
- Under direction, communicate work to be performed to the vegetation contractors.
- Assist with storm restoration or other emergency situations.
- Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Associate Degree in Forestry, Arboriculture, or related field, or equivalent education and/or experience.
- Utility Vegetation Management experience preferred but not required
- ISA Certification preferred but not required (ability to obtain within one year of employment)
- Good verbal, written communications, and computer skills.
- Positive attitude/neat professional appearance.
- Able to work outside in a safe, productive manner in all weather conditions.
- Demonstrated ability to work safely and efficiently with supervision.
- Ability to travel and stay overnight.
- Self-motivated and efficient.
- Work effectively and professionally with people.
While you take care of the power lines, we’ll take care of you and your future. Our benefits include traditional health and wellness coverage, 401(k), Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), online learning, counseling services, and more.
Pre-employment and post-hiring drug screening is a condition of employment.