Title: Consulting Utility Forester
CN Utility Consulting (CNUC) is a highly experienced consulting and operations team with an unparalleled understanding of utility vegetation management (UVM) industry best management practices, and legal and regulatory requirements. CNUC assists utilities in improving their UVM programs through inspection and auditing services, emergency response, consulting, and research, often combined with software and LiDAR solutions. CNUC also goes beyond operations by providing the largest and most comprehensive UVM benchmarking service in North America.
CNUC is offering internship opportunities to students currently enrolled in a Forestry program or related field. This program is designed to give students valuable learning experience, including exposure to different geographic areas and work group concepts. You will work with a personal mentor on an individualized performance plan. You will also be given feedback on your performance while having the opportunity to give feedback on ways to enhance the program. CNUC offers interns a competitive compensation package.
- Identification, inspection, and evaluation of trees and brush along utility lines and gas pipelines
- Submission of inspection reports accompanied by remediation recommendations to CNUC Supervisor
- Extensive drive time inspecting vegetation management work
- Utilize various types of data collection hardware and software
- Edit data and technical documents to maintain accurate digital records
- Additional tasks such as safety audits and unit reporting accuracy may be assigned
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Currently enrolled in a Forestry program or related field at an accredited college or university
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Ability to travel and work in rugged terrain and inclement weather
- Tree identification skills and invasive species knowledge
- Strong desire to learn and a positive attitude
- Ability to work independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Aspiration to provide excellent customer service
- Proficient in map navigation skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office and data collection software (GIS experience a plus)
- Competitive compensation package
- Company provided vehicle & fuel card during time in Indianapolis, IN
- Company provided smart phone & PPE
- Access to industry related training materials
Pre-employment and post-hiring drug screening is a condition of employment.
To apply, submit a resume to HR@CNUtility.com or visit our website at http://www.cnutility.com/careers/ and submit an application.