"Do Something Constructive" is more than a clever saying for the team at Construction Engineers, it is the founding principle for how our company approaches each and every day. Founded in 1978, Construction Engineers is committed to providing innovative construction solutions and exceptional management services, ensuring that every building projects is a success. Construction Engineers operates a commercial division focusing primarily on office, education, healthcare and public facilities as well as an industrial division which builds processing plants and infrastructure systems. Our highly skilled team of experienced professionals includes preconstruction manager, estimators, project managers, site superintendents, field engineers, and trade workers who are supported by an administrative staff which includes accounting ,marketing, IT & HR.
Construction Engineers has team members located in offices in Grand Forks, Fargo, Devils Lake, Mandan, ND and Bemidji, MN.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Field Engineer responsible for supporting the Site Superintendent and Office Project Manager in the construction of large commercial projects. Project locations are throughout North Dakota and Western Minnesota.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES
• Assist both the Office Project Manager and the Site Superintendent in day-to-day activities such as scheduling, subcontractor coordination, safety implementation & documentation, quality control, and material procurement.
• Communicates effectively with Project Manager and Site Superintendent on a daily basis.
• Completes field documentation/reports on CE provided electronic tablet or laptop computer.
• Reads and understands project documents effectively.
• Coordinates shop drawings with project documents.
• Brings attention to questions using “Request for Information” forms and directs through the appropriate lines of communication to determine an answer.
• Maintain current set of contraction documents on site – posts all approved changes resulting from Change Orders, RFI’s, Supplemental Drawings, As-Built/Red Lines, etc.
• Prepare Meeting Minutes for all job meetings.
• Take project photos and transfer to server in an organized manner.
• Inspect all material deliveries prior to installation to ensure received materials match approved submittal documents.
• Before each work activity begins, thoroughly review all drawings, specifications, subcontracts, submittals, etc.
• Assist Office Project Manager in preparing the Preparatory Planning Worksheets for each work activity.
• Participate in Preparatory Planning meetings with Office Project Manager, Site Superintendent, and subcontractors prior to beginning new activities on the project.
• Convey to CE employees and subcontractors what is expected, then inspect what is expected.
• Perform daily inspections of CE’s work and subcontracted work as needed to maintain the highest level of quality and ensure work is being completed.
• Ensure construction work complies with all engineering standards, codes, project drawings and specifications.
• Document all deficiencies and develop a plan to track the correction of the deficiencies so they are corrected in a timely manner and do not delay upcoming work.
• Maintain and track the “Punch List” items.
Trade Supervision (In-house & Subcontractors), Coordination & Scheduling
• Coordinates effectively and efficiently with CE employees, subcontractors, and suppliers.
• Assembles a “3 Week Look Ahead” to help coordinate material deliveries and subcontractor requirements.
• Schedules subcontractors at least one week prior to when they are expected to begin work on site.
• Report any delays to Office Project Manager.
• Coordinate & verify extra work performed by subcontractors.
• Provide information and interpretation of drawings, specifications, and submittals for subcontractors.
• Coordinates delivery and return of required equipment.
• Documents daily and weekly maintenance.
• Ensures equipment operators are qualified and trained for each piece of equipment being used.
• Coordinate with Company Safety Director as required to maintain a safe, healthy, and accident-free work environment. Maintain a positive safety culture at all times.
• Maintain a safe working environment by enforcing safety standards and regulations (i.e. CE’s Safety Management Program, OSHA regulations, etc).
• Provide field support to assure work activities are planned and conducted in a safe manner.
• Identify, correct, and document safety deficiencies immediately. Provide written documentation to maintain accountability of company employees and subcontractors.
• Ensure jobsite is clean and organized and that trash is removed from jobsites daily.
• Conduct daily safety meetings on site and complete “Daily Safety Report” on a daily basis.
• Two or four year degree in Construction Management or Engineering. Construction site experience preferred.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Superior problem solving abilities
• Strong relationship management skills and the ability to effectively work with all levels of the organization
• Strong leadership and organization skills
• Ability to prioritize, take ownership of tasks, and exhibit a high level of initiative and follow-through
• Ability to function both independently and as a member of a team
• Proficient with MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook
• Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat and Primavera SureTrak is preferred
• Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required
Benefits of joining our team:
Training and Professional Development
Safe Work Environment
PTO accrues from day one
Family Picnic/Holiday Party
Take the opportunity to apply and experience a new dimension in your profession.