Wildish, a family-owned company, has been a trusted and reputable name since 1935. Our rich history and deep experience have made us one of the most diversified and focused companies in Oregon. Wildish Group of Companies provide a unique capability in accomplishing different types of projects. With the corporate office and main plant in Eugene, Oregon, as well as a satellite office in Fairview, Oregon, we serve clients throughout the Northwest.
Overview: Wildish Standard Paving Co. specializes in bridge and highway, airfield, and transit projects and is looking for a combination CDL truck driver/assistant to Yard Superintendent in the Eugene/Springfield area. The normal work week is Monday – Friday, with rare Saturdays totaling 40 to 45 hours per week. Typically, this is an 11 month per year position.
Title: Truck Driver/Yard Assistant, Wildish
Reports To: Yard Superintendent
- Experience with truck and trailer combinations, including belly dump and lowboy.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to safely and productively perform routine and complex transportation tasks and equipment operations, including
- Load and offload materials and equipment between plant facilities and job sites.
- Operate forklifts. Small cranes an added plus.
- Assist with yard cleanup and general maintenance of trucks, trailers and equipment.
- Able to work safely and follow all company policies.
- Able to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with all personnel.
- Conduct daily vehicle and equipment inspections to identify safety and maintenance issues.
- Must have excellent driving history.
- Must be self-motivated with ability to work independently.
- Helpful to have bridge knowledge.
- Must have at least 3 years of driving semi-trucks (80,000 lbs and over).
- Must pass fitness for duty physical exam.
- Must pass DOT drug/alcohol test; position is subject to random drug testing.
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively.
- Must be reliable, honest, and hardworking.
- Must be able to follow OSHA and Wildish policies for safety and conduct.
- Environment: Work is performed outdoors at plant facilities and construction sites, maintenance facilities and outside environments with exposure to inclement weather.
- Strength: Capable of routinely lifting, carrying 50 pounds waist high while wearing personal protective equipment (occasionally able to push/pull up to 25 pounds and lifting and carrying 100 pounds). Capable of continuously pushing and pulling hand operated levers, turning steering wheel, manually shifting gears and depressing foot operated pedals on mechanical, hydraulic and/or air powered systems; pushing and/or pulling tarp covers; rigging.
- Flexibility: Capable of walking on uneven, slick, loose and/or broken surfaces; climbing onto and off of equipment, truck cabs, and/or trailers; turning neck and torso to the rear while arms and legs remain facing forward; sitting and/or standing while being bounced and/or vibrated; squatting, kneeling, and bending at the waist.
- Dexterity: Capable of performing multiple tasks simultaneously (e.g., operating left and right hand controls and left and right foot pedals; steering, shifting and/or braking); flipping switches and pushing buttons.
- Endurance: Capable of performing assigned duties for 8+ hours at a time with the ability to be on feet for long periods of time.
- Responsiveness: Capable of identifying through sight, sound, smell, and/or touch, and reacting quickly to, hazardous situations.
- Communication: Capable of verbally asking questions, responding to questions, relaying information, and responding to and alerting others of hazardous situations.
- Mental: Capable of understanding and following instructions; solving problems presented by unexpected job and/or equipment conditions; recognizing and following common safety practices.
The above listing of job and physical/mental functions is a general guide. The functions may not be all inclusive, nor may they be all applicable to particular job circumstances. Management reserves the right to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
ATTENTION MOTOR VEHICLE DRIVERS:
Before you complete an application to drive a motor vehicle for Wildish, please understand the following:
Wildish has a zero tolerance for alcohol abuse, illicit drug use (including marijuana and cannabis products), and harassment of any kind.
Wildish requires your driving record to be free of any major driving convictions for the past five years. These include, but may not be limited to:
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Felony, homicide, or manslaughter involving the use of a motor vehicle.
- Aggravated assault with a motor vehicle.
- Operating a vehicle during a period of suspension or revocation.
- Operating a motor vehicle without owner’s authority (grand theft).
- Reckless, negligent, or careless driving.
- Racing or excessive speed (exceeding 20 mph over posted speed limit).
- Hit and run (bodily injury or property damage) driving.
If you cannot meet these basic standards, please do not apply.