As a result of continued growth, we are currently seeking candidates for Shop Assistant / Driver. Please read through the following job description and if you are interested in applying, please be sure to attach a cover letter and resume for our review.
The Shop Assistant assists in the delivery of tools and materials to jobsites, along with the maintenance of the shop.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Delivers required materials to jobsites and ensures that vehicles are stocked and maintained
- Organizes and maintains shop inventory, material, parts and tools kept on-hand and those at job sites
- Prepares each job in accordance with the fabrication list or verbal/written instructions
- Operates machinery in a safe manner in accordance with company policies
- Reports problems & discrepancies to management
- Other duties as assigned
- Good mathematical skills with the ability to read a tape measure and add/subtract fractions
- Good communication, organizational, reading and time management skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Previous experience in a shop setting a plus
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must have valid state Driver License
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds by self and up to 100 pounds assisted (with another person or mechanical assistance)
- Ability to climbs ladders up to 6 foot
- Shop environment with exposure to outside elements during all seasons
- Ability to drive a fork-lift
LIMITATIONS and DISCLAIMER:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful results of a pre-employment drug test, motor vehicle report and criminal background check.
This employer and its subsidiaries are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran