APi Group is a market-leading provider of safety, specialty, and industrial services in over 200 locations worldwide, primarily in North America. We have a winning culture driven by entrepreneurial business leaders to deliver innovative solutions for our customers. As a family of companies working together, we have the parts to make any project whole.
At APi Group, the mission is clear: We Build Great Leaders. We believe that everyone at APi is a Leader and one of our core pillars of success is our distinct leadership development culture. We provide internally developed, cross-functional development programs across our businesses. Our culture of investing in leadership development at all levels of the organization has created an empowered, entrepreneurial atmosphere that facilitates organizational sharing of knowledge and best practices and enables the development of cross-brand solutions and innovation.
We are currently seeking a Risk Manager.
- Provide developmental direction and opportunities to staff
- Annual reviews to include performance, compensation, bonus, etc.
- Collaborate with Director of Corporate Safety on department Roadmap and annual goals.
- Evaluate risk for APi and all operating companies.
- Provide contractual review to operating companies as needed.
- Lead procurement of insurance coverage to address all potential risks.
- Lead communication of all insurance renewal results with APi and operating company leadership.
- Collaborate with operating company leadership and broker to procure specialized coverage when needed.
- Lead insurance underwriter meeting presentations.
- Work alongside Risk Analyst in completion of renewal applications and data collection.
- Assist in annual audit of insurance coverages to eliminate potential gaps.
- Review and maintain insurance schedules and policies.
- Prepare and deliver educational program development and training of APi Group operating companies in insurance and contractual risk.
- Assist in updating and maintaining current contract documents for all operating companies to utilize.
- Lead in selection of broker, TPA, and any other vendor relationships.
- Evaluate jurisdictional claims exposures, assist in educating operating companies of those exposures and collaborate in finding solutions to mitigate.
- Manage relationship and contract renewals with claims TPA and associated vendors.
- Evaluate TPA bundled services and report on savings or missed savings opportunities.
- Manage TPA open items.
- Collaborate in management of broker open items lists.
- Evaluate our ability to provide bonding under the terms and conditions specified in contract documents. Submit projects to sureties for approval and address their concerns in a timely manner.
- Assist Senior Claims Analysts to provide strategic claim support regarding insurance coverage issues.
- Assist APi operating companies in OCIP/CCIP enrollments and deductions.
- Lead acquisition insurance analysis and provide recommendations to APi Executive Leadership on inclusion into APi insurance program.
- Lead onboarding of acquisitions into APi insurance program when warranted.
- Participation in building RMIS functionality.
- Participation in and/or lead other risk management initiatives at direction of VP of Safety and Risk Management.
- Risk Analyst
- Senior Claims Analyst – WC
- Senior Claims Analyst – AL/GL
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Risk Management, Insurance related field.
- Minimum 7 years of risk management or insurance experience.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Ability to communicate well in standard English, both verbally and in writing.
Competencies and Skills:
- Strong ability to develop and maintain positive relationships through excellent customer service and communication, both internally and externally.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Exceptional planning, time management, and follow through.
- Enterprise risk management expertise: The ability to design, implement, and sustain.
- Contractual risk transfer leader/expert.
- Insurance program management and placement in the construction industry experience.
- Captive insurance management experience.
- RMIS experience, Riskonnect platform experience a plus.
- Safety and loss prevention knowledge.
- Claims management experience.
- Managerial or team leadership experience.
- Ability to travel; estimated overnight travel is 20%.
- Moving around in office environment.
- Telephone conversations.
- Use of email.
- Reading and creating documents, letters, memos, and instructions.
- Face to face discussions with individuals or teams.
- Contact with others (in person, by email, or phone).
- Being highly accurate in all tasks.
- Meeting strict deadlines, which involves pressure, organization, and attention to detail.
- Working with others in a group or team.
- Being responsible and accountable for outcomes and results.
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary is dependent upon experience and ability to perform. Bonus opportunities are based upon individual, team/department, and overall company performance. Benefits include medical and dental insurance, sick and vacation days, disability, flexible spending accounts for medical and daycare, 401(k) with employer match, and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
This is a valuable and important position within the organization. Outstanding performance may lead to other leadership opportunities within Safety and Risk Management or other departments or locations within the company.
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders.