Looking for a place to start your career? A place where you can work with industry recognized professionals who are solving tough engineering problems? Geosyntec is the place for you! As an Intern / Co-Op – Civil / Environmental Engineering in our Acton, Massachusetts office, you will have the opportunity to apply your engineering (civil, geotechnical, environmental, and water resources) academic knowledge to real-world situations while also learning the business skills needed for a successful consulting career. We are seeking a full-time (40 hours/week) intern for approximately 24 to 28 weeks during the summer or fall semester of 2021. Candidates are responsible for coordinating their own transportation to and from the office.
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Fieldwork such as soil and groundwater sampling, stormwater inspections, and drilling and contractor oversight;
- Assist with engineering calculations using computer-based technical tools;
- Technical writing of reports, letters, memoranda, plans, specifications, and proposals;
- Data input and analysis, including preparing maps, tables, and figures; and
- Follow instructions and interact with engineers, geologists, office administrative staff, CADD operators (draftsmen), contractors and construction personnel.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Currently registered in a Bachelor’s or Master’s university degree program in a relevant engineering discipline. (required)
- Degree focus area in civil, geotechnical, environmental or water resources engineering. (required)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with ArcView, CADD, and/or Microsoft Office. (preferred)
- Outstanding academic credentials and exceptional interpersonal, technical writing, and problem-solving skills. (required)
- Ability to attend 40 hours of paid OSHA 40-hr HAZWOPER online training after the start of employment. (required)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license, reliable transportation, and satisfactory driving record to drive to project sites. (preferred)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits.