Geosyntec, a fast-paced and deadline-driven environmental professional services firm is seeking an enthusiastic, independent, and resourceful and experienced Marketing and Proposal Strategist in the Oak Brook, Illinois area, to develop compliant, comprehensive and compelling submittals (proposals and opportunity-specific statements of qualifications (SOQs)) on a regional level in order to win profitable work. The role is responsible for managing, scheduling, editing and producing proposals, SOQs, project descriptions and resumes in accordance with Geosyntec’s policies, government regulations and copyright laws. Utilizing superb writing and organizational skills, this hands-on leader will participate in and implement the Go-No-Go process, evaluate the RFQ/RFP selection criteria, develop appropriate response strategies, and support the resourcing and production of related materials.
Geosyntec is a company of practitioners who are experts in their fields and experienced in applying their knowledge to provide our clients with real-world solutions. We provide environmental services to municipalities, state and federal agencies, Fortune 500 industrial companies, and many of the nation’s top law firms. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage entire submittal process from go-no-go meeting and strategy to proposal/SOQ delivery, often during the same time frame, including extracting the proper message from existing materials to respond to a request; (ii) developing compelling packaging of materials including formats and maintaining and implementing checklists of activities during a proposal/SOQ process to ensure quality and compliance with client requirements;
- Collaborate with managers to evaluate SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats) to support go/no go decisions; analyze the RFP/RFQ and develop associated submittal strategy and themes for the submittal, making process and content judgments in accordance with the Company’s/Region’s Quality and Risk Management programs;
- Manage logistics, including, proposal schedule and outline, RFP/RFQ requirements and compliance matrices, proposal team meetings and follow-up, style and graphics conventions, and final checks, printing and binding;
- Craft, collect and edit the technical section write-ups for the proposal or SOQ material for content, completeness and readability;
- Apply federal, state, and local laws, regulations and guidelines related to procurement activities including modifications to and completion of standardized forms and utilization of special status businesses as teaming partners;
- Ensure proposal compliance with budget, cost tracking, pricing methodologies, control guidelines and other Geosyntec policies and procedures, as well as client’s RFP/RFQ requirements;
- Collaborate with managers to conduct formal proposal closeout including post-contract award debriefing internally, and with the prospective client;
- Ensure regional alignment with corporate marketing collateral management system and support enhancement of the corporate marketing collateral library, by ensuring project descriptions of various types are completed, updated, quality-controlled, and submitted to the corporate marketing department on a regular basis;
- Ensure all materials are consistent with company branding, formats, look, and presentation;
- Create, edit and produce regional project descriptions, from short paragraphs to extensive multi-page summaries of long-term and complicated projects;
- Coordinate collection, updating, customization and submission of resumes for storage on Company’s Intranet;
- Make recommendations for and assist with the creation of regional and branch external communications, including client directed email messages; and
- Perform special projects and related work as required.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college with a major in journalism, communications, or public relations, or another applicable discipline. (required)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 7 years of progressive professional experience in engineering, architecture, commercial construction, legal or marketing firms specializing in the marketing of professional services; or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that provides required knowledge, skills and abilities. (required)
- Prior experience leading proposal teams. (required)
- Familiarity with graphic design and production, desktop publishing and presentation software. (preferred)
- Experience with or understanding of the RFQ/RFP process, techniques associated with the evaluation of promotional activities, federal, state and local procurement procedures, and activities associated with the development and evaluation of marketing plans and their effectiveness. (required)
- Ability to author marketing materials and correspondence that is well written and organized, clearly presented, focused on the subject at hand and furthers the Geosyntec “brand”. (required)
- Ability to create effective presentations and respond to inquiries from internal and external clients; and effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. (required)
- Ability to write in a marketing and/or journalistic manner including critical and analytical thinking about the purpose of the document and how the content may be improved. (required)
- Formatting, writing, editing, and proofreading skills with strong attention to detail. (required)
- Microsoft Windows proficiency including, MS Professional (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, and typing ability. (required)
- Familiarity with Adobe Illustrator and some graphic design experience. (preferred)
- Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions. (required)
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage work flow. (required)
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently to perform effectively under tight deadlines. (required)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal qualities, superb written and verbal communication skills, practical and administrative problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for excellence and quality.
Geosyntec is an employee-owned, global environmental engineering consulting firm operating throughout the U.S., Canada and select international locations. We’ve been repeatedly recognized as one of Best Civil Engineering Places to Work by CE News and consistently named one of the top engineering firms by Engineering News-Record.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding assignments, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/.
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits.