Geosyntec, an international geo-environmental consulting firm headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida is seeking a full-time Network Engineer to be based in either our Boca Raton, Florida (preferred), or the Atlanta, Georgia area (Kennesaw) office. This role will provide intermediate to advanced-level infrastructure and network operations service and support as the primary job function to over 1,500 employees, while adhering to departmental procedures and company policies; and will serve as the first response for handling infrastructure and network-related service and support activities. Successful candidates will have a strong customer service focus for regular interfacing with company employees, strong critical thinking skills, and the ability to identify and resolve problems expeditiously.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Is this the right position to help achieve your professional goals? Some of the key responsibilities for this position include:
- Provide intermediate to advanced level infrastructure-related service and support to over 1,500 employees in data and VoIP infrastructure and related networking implementations, designs, and architectural projects.
- Design, implement, administer, and troubleshoot Layer 2 and Layer 3 networking, switching, and routing services across the company’s network platforms.
- Perform hands-on installation, implementation, administration, troubleshooting, service, and support of voice and routing protocols, gateways, and technologies to include SBC/CUBE/SIP/MGCP/H323/EIGRP/BGP/OSPF/QOS, etc.
- Perform advanced-level, hands-on installation, implementation, administration, troubleshooting, service, and support of Palo Alto firewalls.
- Manage the delivery, order processing, circuit activation, moves, adds, and changes of various carrier services and platforms.
- Perform hands-on deployment of related infrastructure and networking security controls.
- Perform related systems upgrades, patch management, upgrades, and new applications and equipment deployment.
- Assist server administration team in performing additional network and server administration duties including, but not limited to, new system implementations, upgrades, patch management, backup and recovery, Windows DC/member server installations, promoting Domain controllers, migrating data, decommissioning of servers, upgrades, troubleshooting, diagnostics, cost analysis, maintenance, configuration, and change management of LAN components.
- Efficiently manage, research, and troubleshoot relative incoming incident and service management requests with the ability to prioritize accordingly, escalating requests as appropriate to other members of the IT team in a fast-paced team environment (telephone, email, and tracking systems).
- Ensure complex customer needs are promptly monitored, addressed, documented, and resolved in a timely and effective manner through to customer satisfaction.
- Gather relevant information and provide regular updates to managers and teammates regarding progress, risk management, potential business impact, resource management, timing, overruns, etc.
- Compose supporting technical documentation as it relates to this position.
- Maintain software related to on-premises servers with appropriate updates, patches.
- Administer appropriate levels-related security controls, governance, compliance, and data loss prevention to secure enterprise computing assets from vulnerabilities and threats (e.g., anti-virus, anti-spam, anti-spyware, etc.).
- Perform additional assigned infrastructure system maintenance or upgrades, and assist with hands-on requests relating to the server or network-related issues as assigned.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- High School diploma or GED. (required)
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field. (preferred)
- Current Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Administrator (PCNSA) and Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) or equivalent certification targeting primary skillset and job function, or the ability to certify both within one year of employment. (required)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Voice and Routing/Switching. (preferred)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 4 years of IT industry-related experience in an intermediate to advanced network administration services support role delivering products and solutions at an enterprise level; or equivalent combination of education and experience. (required)
- Experience and/or related course work in Computer Science, Information Technology application, or related discipline as it relates to this position. (preferred)
- Experience installing, administering, troubleshooting, and providing service and support of voice and routing protocols, gateways, and technologies to include SBC/CUBE/SIP/MGCP/H323/EIGRP/BGP/OSPF/QOS, etc. (required)
- Experience with advanced level utilization of management tools of assigned systems (e.g., PowerShell, scripting, Command Line Interfaces (CLI), Graphical User Interface (GUI), console applications, etc.). (required)
- Experience designing, installing, optimizing, troubleshooting, and administering routing, switching, firewalls, gateways, virtual private network (VPN), and VoIP technologies. (required)
- Advanced knowledge of IP subnetting. (required)
- Expert skills troubleshooting access-lists, IPv4, and IPv6 issues across varying protocols such as OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, and Static Routing. (required)
- Intermediate to expert level skills required in networking to support converged applications (voice & video) required. (required)
- Extensive working knowledge of: PAN-OS, Cisco IOS, Cisco IOS-XE, NXOS, Windows server OS. (required)
- Proficiency with infrastructure-related HW/SW diagnostics, troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair, including new installs, upgrades, optimizations, and general day-to-day operations. (required)
- Experience installing, testing, and troubleshooting software applications including multi-platform operating systems and third-party applications. (required)
- Experience installing, testing, and troubleshooting related systems and software applications including multi-platform operating systems and third-party applications. (required)
- Experience providing end-user call support, prioritization, and escalation of service needs. (required)
- Ability to work under pressure and exercise sound professional judgment in the analysis of problems to resolve or escalate intermediate to advanced system issues. (required)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks to completion and through to customer satisfaction. (required)
- Proven organization/planning, customer service, and response skills. (required)
- Flexibility to travel to company offices as needed. (required)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus a passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits.