If you are looking for a home for the best years of your career, where you can contribute to a dynamic employee-owned firm, tackle challenging project work, and collaborate with industry recognized professionals, Geosyntec is the place for you! We’re looking for a Principal Geologist to join us in Cincinnati, Ohio. This position is well-suited for a talented, highly experienced individual who is interested in being a leader and contributing to innovative and challenging projects involving landfills, mines, brownfields redevelopment, and other water and waste containment systems.
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain high visibility in the marketplace through regular client contact, participation in client-based professional organizations, and attendance and presentations at industry events.
- Business development; including bringing in new clients and obtaining repeat business from existing clients, leading proposal preparation, and developing and implementing a business development plan.
- Build, lead, and grow a practice in one of the following areas: compliance/due diligence, groundwater/soil characterization and remediation, landfill engineering, and/or sediment remediation.
- Manage projects and staff, including providing technical leadership and oversight, budget and risk management, and adherence to schedule, quality, client satisfaction and profitability.
- Prepare for and lead meetings with clients, regulatory personnel, and other parties.
- Assist in recruiting and training additional staff.
- Serve in a leadership role for the company culture and values across the organization.
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. We operate under a sell-manage-do culture, and so we expect that you’d work on challenging technical projects while leveraging your existing knowledge and experience to help Geosyntec expand its current practices and capabilities through business development and client management. You may also be asked to take on project management responsibilities, along with staff management and mentoring tasks.
Here are some other things you should know about a typical practitioner position with Geosyntec:
- Training: This position requires OSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
- Fieldwork and overnight travel will also be necessary.
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor's degree in civil or environmental engineering or a related field. (required)
- Advanced degree in earth science, environmental engineering or a related field. (preferred)
- Professional registration (i.e., P.G.). (required)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 10 years of experience in environmental consulting in the North American marketplace related to the evaluation, management, and remediation of contaminated sites; or equivalent combination of education and experience. (required)
- Experience in managing large scale client portfolios, permitting, planning, compliance, and environmental oversight of remediation infrastructure (and related fixed assets) projects. (required)
- Excellent leadership skills. (required)
- Experience managing the overall delivery of projects including, project planning and controls, financial management, change management, risk management, and contract/subcontract management. (required)
- Demonstrated success in the development and management of staff and clients. (required)
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines, and traveling to client facilities as needed. (required)
- Current OSHA 40-hr HAZWOPER training and refreshers. (preferred)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/.
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits.