Geosyntec prides itself in hiring the most highly qualified professionals who have a diverse skill set, an advanced innovative mindset, and can effectively develop forward-thinking ideas. We are seeking a highly motivated, experienced Civil Engineer with a strong water resources engineering background in the Chattanooga or Johnson City, Tennessee office. Working within the utility and federal client sectors, the selected candidate will be heavily involved in Geosyntec’s continued project work related to the coal combustion residuals (CCR), municipalities, and dams’ markets. In collaboration with top professionals in their field, the candidate will work on complex projects involving innovative civil design with unique water management challenges, including innovative water quality improvements, stormwater infrastructure and BMP design, and hydrologic/hydraulic analysis.
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Founded in 1983, we are employee-owned and have more than 1,500 professionals across our 80+ offices. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Developing and/or reviewing technical drawings, specifications, engineering documents, and analyses for: civil design; site development and grading; water resources engineering/stormwater management; erosion and sediment controls; and landfill engineering.
- Providing oversight and monitoring of projects.
- Coordinating work efforts and reviewing work performed by other team members.
- Developing and maintaining strong collaborative internal (i.e., within Geosyntec) and external (i.e., clients and subcontractors) relationships.
- Recruiting, training, and mentoring early-career engineers and scientists.
- Preparing task orders and proposals including scope of work, cost/fee estimates, presentations, etc.
- Serving as point-of-contact with clients and other project consultants.
- Performing dam breach analyses and preparing inundation maps.
- Performing spillway design and analysis for new and existing structures.
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. We operate under a sell-manage-do culture, and so we expect that you’d work on challenging technical projects while leveraging your existing knowledge and experience to help Geosyntec expand its current practices and capabilities through business development and client management. You may also be asked to take on project management responsibilities, along with staff management and mentoring tasks.
Here are some other things you should know about a typical practitioner position with Geosyntec:
- Training: This position requires OSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
- Fieldwork and overnight travel will also be necessary, as needed.
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor's degree in civil or environmental engineering. (required)
- Advanced degree in civil or environmental engineering with emphasis on water resources or closely related discipline. (preferred)
- Professional Registration (P.E.) in the state of Georgia or the ability to obtain within 12 months of hire. (required)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 7 years of progressive experience in consulting industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience. (required)
- Experience performing civil design and site grading. (required)
- Experience performing hydrologic/hydraulic analyses and designing stormwater infrastructure. (required)
- Experience in relevant engineering software. (e.g., AutoCAD Civil3D, HydroCAD, SWMM, ArcGIS, HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, etc.)
- Strong oral and technical writing skills. (required)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
- Academic or professional research experience related to Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) a strong plus.
- Experience with 2D and 3D modeling experience a strong plus.
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits