Western States Fire Protection (WSFP) and its subsidiaries are more than a company. We are a family of unique individuals committed to our purpose, our values, and each other and we believe in making our own luck, creating our own opportunities. WSFP accomplishes this by constantly innovating, finding ways to create new value and seizing new opportunities.
Protecting lives and property since 1985, WSFP and its subsidiaries specializes in Life Safety Systems. Our values are simple: integrity, quality, safety, professionalism, commitment.
What we offer:
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending (FSA) (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
Western States Fire Protection is looking for an experienced Shop Foreman. This position will assist, when necessary in the diagnosis or customer complaints, recommending needed repairs as well as employ direct supervision of the shop technicians.
The salary range for this position starts at $70-75K per year, depending on experience.
- Organize and dispense material for delivery
- Receive material and distribute to jobs or trucks
- Collect materials at vendors and deliver to job site
- Organize and maintain inventory
- Maintain a clean shop and outside area and validating that special tools and shop equipment are in proper operating condition
- Select, repair and organize tools as needed
- Willing to operate a forklift as well as other tools, equipment and machinery according to prescribed safety procedures
- Assign priority and process work orders
- Review and approve completed work orders
- Supervise and appraise work of shop technicians
- Coordinate and schedule all in-house technician training
- Maintain Truck Fleet
- Post Material from Inventory to Jobs
- Issue purchase orders for local vendors
- Maintain accurate information for payroll reporting (time cards, absenteeism, tardiness)
- Other duties as assigned
- Five years in construction industry experience is preferred but not required
- Two years supervisory experience preferred but not required
- Fabrication experience is a plus
- Computer skills
- Mechanically inclined
- Possess a valid driver's license with a clean record; in accordance with Company policy
- Willing to pass a post-offer background check and drug test
Moderate standing, walking, climbing, heavy lifting, carrying, stooping, bending, kneeling and reaching. Work inside and outside, around moving objects and with vehicles and machinery with moving parts.
All qualified applicants with Western States Fire Protection will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor