Hawkeye Area Community Action Program, Inc. (HACAP) is a diverse, community-focused nonprofit dedicated to empowering and improving the lives of families living with the everyday barriers of poverty.
What we are proud to offer you:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Retirement Savings (IPERS and/or 403(b))
- Paid time off and 9 company paid holidays
- Short Term Disability after 1 year of employment
- Basic Life and AD&D coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Optional benefits: Flexible Spending, Long Term Disability, Voluntary Life and Voluntary Accident
Position goal: The Cook is responsible for food preparation for the Head Start child care center.
SCHEDULE AND WAGE
Monday-Friday 7:45 am-4:15 pm; $15.00 hourly.
- Responsible for food preparation according to provided menus, including special diets, using standardized recipes and quantity cooking techniques as well as commercially prepared foods.
- Maintains an organized and efficient food service operation.
- Follows requirements of funders and regulatory agencies related to foods served, required documentation and food safety and sanitation practices.
- Shares in the responsibility of food requisitioning and the purchasing process.
- Receives deliveries and reconciles delivery invoices.
- Assists classrooms with supervision of children on an incidental basis.
- Support the organization's mission, vision, values, policy, and procedure by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, collaboration, innovation, respect personalization, commitment to our community, and accountability and ownership.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to HACAP through quality job performance, a sense of responsibility for high achievement, professional appearance, awareness of current events throughout HACAP, and positive promotion of HACAP.
- Consistently work positively and cooperatively with fellow Team Members.
- Consistently demonstrate the ability to respond to flexibly changing situations to meet current needs, such as reprioritizing work as necessary.
- Consistently come to work on time, working as scheduled, and leaving at the scheduled time.
- Maintain appropriate attire and good grooming habits to support HACAP’s desire for safe and efficient operations, providing greater service and better customer relations.
- Must possess high integrity and ensure confidentiality of any information concerning an employee, client, family, financial condition, or personal peculiarities is strictly maintained.
- Ensure that personal health information is protected during its collection, use, disclosure, storage, and destruction within HACAP as required by HIPAA.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED, or working towards obtaining GED.
- One year of foodservice experience.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and implement procedures.
- Ability to use good judgment
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to work with a diverse population
- Ability to relate to low-income people
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively with age-appropriate activities in the classroom and relate with children in a positive way
- Detail orientated