If you’re looking for a place to grow your career, where you can contribute to a dynamic employee-owned firm, tackle challenging project work, and collaborate with industry recognized professionals - Geosyntec is the place for you! As a Data Management Systems Developer in Acton, MA or Bedford, NH, you will work with our team of consulting scientists and engineers in addressing our clients’ data management needs. The successful candidate will work with new and existing clients and team members to deliver technical work products for our projects. The candidate will develop databases and other tools to compile, visualize and analyze data from a variety of streaming and static sources; build interactive dashboards and reports; and assist with the design, development, and implementation of new products and services for our clients.
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Is this the right position to help you achieve your professional goals? Some of the key responsibilities for the position include:
- Designing, developing, and managing project-specific relational database applications using desktop (MS Access) and enterprise (MS SQL Server) database software;
- Developing and executing comprehensive workflows including ETL processes to automate compilation of data from multiple sources and serve data to reporting tools;
- Compiling, verifying, analyzing, and reporting large and diverse datasets;
- Designing, developing, and producing data visualization outputs and analyses;
- Automating data management processes with Python and other scripting languages (VBA, etc.);
- Interacting with internal and external clients to support database management and data visualization for environmental engineering, and geoscience projects.
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will guide and integrate you into Geosyntec’s culture. Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, geography, science, or geology. (required)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 2 years (5+ preferred) of related work experience in a similar role; or equivalent combination of education and experience.(required)
- Advanced MS SQL Server and T-SQL skills. (required)
- Strong programming and scripting skills with languages such as Python and VBA. (required)
- Experience with database management and building ETL processes. (required)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. (required)
- Experience with web application development and environments such as ASP.NET. (preferred)
- Knowledge of data dashboard and BI tool development. (preferred)
- Experience with the EQuIS data management system. (preferred)
- Knowledge of laboratory analytical data verification and validation processes. (preferred)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
Preferred candidates will also possess the following professional attributes:
- Vision and desire to lead a data management and visualization practice in the environmental consulting industry.
- Patience and planning skills to work toward a data management and visualization practice.
- Ability to talk to and engage clients in business development and willingness to learn new business development skills.
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits.