Infosec believes knowledge is power when fighting cybercrime. We help IT and security professionals advance their careers with skills development and certifications while empowering all employees with security awareness and privacy training to stay cyber safe at work and home. It’s our mission to equip all organizations and individuals with the know-how and confidence to outsmart cybercrime.
At Infosec, you’ll be surrounded and supported by a bright team – endlessly curious, eager to try new ideas and ready to roll up their sleeves together. Our inclusive values and open-door philosophy are rooted in the belief that great ideas come from everyone. Your voice matters here! As a quickly growing and stable company, you’ll find plenty of opportunities to start or build your career. We’re all about inspiring, recognizing and rewarding employees to be successful.
Staff Software Engineer
We are looking for Staff Software Engineers to drive large technical projects across Infosec products, which are industry leaders in cybersecurity awareness, education, and career training. You will need to set the technical direction across a variety of projects and initiatives while also mentoring and growing others on the team.
We are looking for people with a strong background or interest in building successful products or systems; you’re comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces; you have exquisite attention to detail, and you’re comfortable learning new technologies and systems.
- Work with a wide range of systems, processes, and technologies to own and solve problems from end-to-end
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, services, and systems across Infosec’s engineering teams
- Directly contribute to core interface design and write code. Serve as a role model for how great software should be written for Infosec as a whole
- Arbitrate critical decisions correctly that fully consider software best practices, Infosec system realities, and numerous stakeholders’ preferences and concerns
- Scrutinize and reason clearly about the technology and architecture choices we make in building these products. In many cases, you will be the decider of these decisions
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the many codebases and processes you will encounter
- Teach and mentor the next generation of technical leaders at Infosec
We are looking for someone who has
- You have a strong technical background, including 5+ years of experience with system architecture and API design
- You have served as the technical lead for a team of engineers and can demonstrate broad technical leadership
- You have owned the technical roadmap for a business area
- You listen well and internalize the best ideas from all over the organization while also setting a vision that others are excited to get behind
- You work well cross-functionally and your co-workers at all levels and across all teams trust you
- You are often cited as the inspiration for engineers that join your teams. Even senior engineers feel that they’re able to learn from you
Why you should join us
- Quickly growing, stable (16 years!) tech company
- Named to Madison Top Workplaces 2021 and Chicago's Best Places to Work 2021
- Internal career path opportunities
- Competitive base salary and 401(k) with company match
- Health and wellness benefits (medical, dental, vision, short term disability insurance, FSAs, supplemental insurance, life insurance, Employee Assistance Program)
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off for volunteer and charitable work
- Infosec Gives pledge — sharing 1% of our profit, product and time to impact communities around us
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion so all employees feel comfortable and confident bringing their whole selves to work
How to apply
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been looking for, apply right now! A real human being will review your application and get back to you if you’re a good fit. If you’re unsure or have questions, reach out to us at email@example.com. We look forward to speaking with you soon!
Infosec is an equal opportunity employer.