Tarlton Corporation has served as a St. Louis-based general contracting and construction management firm since 1946. We have built strong ties to the region, excellent working relationships with a wide-ranging list of established and new clients, a commitment to project and workforce diversity, and a carefully laid foundation to promote continued growth. Tarlton is a Women's Business Enterprise as certified by the City of St. Louis, State of Missouri and Women's Business Enterprise National Council.
Tarlton is a closely held, client-driven corporation employing an average of 300 people. Our organizational structure is relatively flat so clients and personnel can benefit from continual access to our executives, who take an active role in all Tarlton operations.
Our range of preconstruction and construction services in the commercial, institutional, industrial, life sciences, healthcare and concrete markets is extensive. Tarlton works on projects diverse in scope and size, in both renovation and new construction.
Our philosophy is simple: Take care of the client first and treat others as we would like to be treated. No project is too large or too small if it’s work a client wants completed.
Join our team!
MAJOR GOALS AND PURPOSE
The Project Engineer will partner with Project Management personnel to plan, direct, and coordinate construction activities to ensure a profitable, well-constructed, safe project is delivered.
- Be familiar with all aspects of project documents and subcontractors' scope of work to effectively understand project scope.
- Review, submit, and follow-up shop drawing submittals in a timely fashion to ensure conformance to the contract documents and specifications.
- Partner with superintendent to expedite material deliveries, quality, safety, and cleanliness of project sites.
- Provide oversight of subcontractors to ensure workmanship complies with the project specifications.
- Review project for activities completed and update units completed into tracking software.
- Review progress of schedule, production, and cost with project team to ensure project milestones are maintained.
- Work with project team to identify upcoming manpower needs. Help to communicate these needs to the workforce manager to ensure a seamless flow of on-site activities.
- Assist in the coordination of construction activities; monitor and advise project manager of variances in job costs.
- Develop and update the project schedule.
- Review, code, and approve invoices in a timely fashion.
- Prepare quantity take-off for vertical concrete projects. Participate in Corporate estimating activities as assigned.
- Solicit material and equipment quotations and prepare requisitions for approval.
- Complete as-built drawings, O&M's, warranties, etc., for project closeout.
- Assist Project Manager in the development of the project cash forecast.
- Various other duties that may be assigned by the company.
BEHAVIORAL TRAITS, ATTITUDES, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Must have the ability to make good decisions based on good analysis of relative factors.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Must be able to deal with frustration and job pressures.
- Must have the ability to perform task-oriented functions.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Able to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong team player and strong work ethic.
- Takes initiative and can work independently with minimal oversight.
PREREQUISITES (i.e., Education, Experience)
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or Engineering related field is required.
- One to two years of construction experience is desired.
- Must be able to read and interpret construction drawings and documents.
- Great Company Culture!
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental Vision, Life and LTD
- Paid Time Off
- 401k with Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement