APi Group is a market-leading provider of safety, specialty, and industrial services in over 200 locations worldwide, primarily in North America. We have a winning culture driven by entrepreneurial business leaders to deliver innovative solutions for our customers. As a family of companies working together, we have the parts to make any project whole.
At APi Group, the mission is clear: We Build Great Leaders. We believe that everyone at APi is a Leader and one of our core pillars of success is our distinct leadership development culture. We provide internally developed, cross-functional development programs across our businesses. Our culture of investing in leadership development at all levels of the organization has created an empowered, entrepreneurial atmosphere that facilitates organizational sharing of knowledge and best practices and enables the development of cross-brand solutions and innovation.
We are currently seeking a Vice President of Risk Management.
Chief Financial Officer
- Establish and communicate strategic direction for APi Group and the Risk Management department to service efficiently and effectively a $4.0+ billion-dollar revenue, public company with over 40 entities across North America, Canada, and Europe.
- Leads the identification, communication, measurement, and management of company-wide risk.
- Partner with key stakeholders to develop and implement standards, processes, programs, and best practices related to risk management.
- Coordinate with Risk Manager, and operating company leadership and claims analysts to communicate claims activity and develop strategies to address and minimize claims activity.
- Close working relationship with Director of Corporate Safety to develop and implement the enterprise safety strategy. Including but not limited to the continuous improvement of our STEPS brand and our Commitment to Zero focus.
- Develop and manage relationships with APi company Presidents and senior management.
- Company site visits to gain operational knowledge and expertise
- Attend Leader Labs
- Attend APi’s annual Leadership Summit
- Develop and oversee annual Risk Management department budget. Coordinates and submits, as necessary, the gathering of insurance policy renewal data. Work with company’s insurance brokers to procure, place, and administer an effective and efficient insurance/risk financing program.
- Mentor and develop Risk Management team.
- Set a high professional and ethical standard for the organization.
- Provide leadership and direction to all Risk Management department team members.
- Lead/manage total cost of risk (TCOR) for APi Group. Evaluate, select, and manage all third-party partner and vendor relationships associated with Risk Management. These include but are not limited to:
- Insurance broker
- Substance Use Testing
- Background screening
- Risk Manager
- Risk Analyst
- Claims Analyst – WC
- Claims Analyst – AL/GL
- Administrative Assistant/Project Coordinator
- Manage APi’s insurable risks (WC, GL, Auto, Umbrella, Property, Pollution/Professional, Fiduciary, Crime, D&O, EPL, Aircraft, K&R, and excess towers) in the most economical and efficient manner.
- Determine insurance profile including coverage, limits, and deductibles
- Maintain relationships with APi insurers and potential insurers
- Maximize value and service obtained from our insurance brokers
- Develop and manage annual insurance program renewal strategies
- Minimize collateral required to support APi’s insurance coverages
- Evaluate viability of insurance captives and establish captives, where appropriate
- Manage the insurance programs for APi’s foreign operations
- Understand, manage, and resolve insurance coverage disputes
- Understand and manage involvement with owner and contractor-controlled insurance program (OCIP’s and CCIP’s)
- Manage contractual risk
- Develop and communicate strategy for overall mitigation of this risk
- Review contracts when operating company assistance is requested
- Work with inside and outside legal counsel, as needed to minimize risk
- Provide education to APi companies on managing contractual risk
- Manage acquisitions
- Review acquisition insurance coverage and determine strategy to integrate into APi’s program when appropriate
- Perform due diligence to ensure the organization is not assuming any problems or undue risk
- Complete comparative analysis of target company’s existing insurance programs with APi’s insurance programs
- Develop appropriate structures to encourage acquired companies to join APi’s insurance programs and integrate acquisitions into the APi insurance program when appropriate
- Lead claim management efforts
- Develop action plans to minimize claims costs
- Communicate claim activity to APi companies
- Manage the relationship with our TPA’s
- Oversee claims reviews
- Analyze, develop, and maintain effective and appropriate internal insurance costing for fixed and variable costs across all operational companies and corporate divisions that will provide for an equitable allocation of costs and will incentivize loss control performance. Develop future strategies if program structure changes occur and assist in communicating this to all levels of the organizations as needed.
- Develop, manage, and lead risk mitigation and loss prevention strategies for APi Group.
- Other duties at the request and direction of the CFO.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Risk Management, Insurance related field.
- Minimum 10 years of risk management or insurance experience. ARM, CRM, CPCU, and/or CRIS credentials desired.
- Solid working knowledge of Property Casualty, Excess, Employment, Professional, Pollution, D&O, Crime, Builders Risk, Cyber, and Fiduciary insurance policies and construction services experience.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Adobe, Internet browser at a minimum.
- Ability to communicate well in standard English, both verbally and in writing.
- High level of commitment to quality work product and organizational ethics, integrity, and compliance
- Leadership and Team Development Champion. Leading Self, Leading Others, and Leading Teams.
- Strong ability to develop and maintain positive relationships through excellent customer service and communication, both internally and externally.
- Positive change leader. Specifically, supporting necessary change across the organization and always looking to continuously improve.
- Strong ability to develop and maintain strategic safety, loss prevention and risk management processes and procedures that improve performance on our team and throughout the organization.
- Risk financing and insurance program design competence and innovation.
- Enterprise risk management expertise: The ability to analyze and identify enterprise risk exposures as well as lead organization’s continuous improvement of loss prevention and mitigation initiatives.
- Contractual risk transfer leader/expert.
- Business interruption and business continuity planning capabilities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Communicate effectively both orally and written when working with all levels of management and employees, external vendors, and other business associates.
- Develop and maintain positive and effective working relationships with staff, management, vendors, and clients.
- Manage multiple tasks and projects and complete the accurately and timely.
- Demonstrate excellent organization, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Flexibility and ability to work under changing priorities and peak workloads.
- Handle confidential information in a trustworthy manner.
- Maintain the highest level of professional conduct, always.
- Able to understand complex subject matter and simplify it for others.
- Ability to travel; Estimated overnight travel is 40-50% in year one; 30-40% ongoing.
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Ability to visit/walk construction project sites
- Moving around in office environment
- Telephone conversations
- Use of email
- Reading and creating documents, letters, memos, and instructions
- Face to face discussions with individuals or teams
- Contact with others (in person, by email, or phone)
- Being highly accurate in all tasks
- Meeting strict deadlines, which involves pressure, organization, and attention to detail.
- Working with others in a group or team.
- Being responsible and accountable for outcomes and results.
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders.