Why Join our Team?
- Career path options in a rapidly growing, dynamic company
- Exposure to a wide range of market sectors, clients and technologies
- Stimulating work environment with a highly experienced and skilled team
- We have fun while working hard!
GEL Solutions (GEL) is a niche professional services firm providing Surveying, Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE), and Geophysical services to clients throughout the United States. We are seeking an outstanding and energetic individual to lead and build the sue/survey division in our Charleston, SC office. The successful candidate will join us in solving challenging problems in the infrastructure, environmental and natural resources sectors.
Our goal is to apply our surface and subsurface mapping skills to improve our clients’ bottom lines and reduce their risks. We are committed to offering the latest technologies and services. To this end, we employ and train customer-focused staff with exceptional attitudes and technical skills. We are proud of our culture of innovation and our focus on quality.
GEL Solutions – SUE MANAGER – Charleston, SC
GEL has a position open for a Senior Level SUE Manager to lead and build our SUE division in South Carolina. This position has very high growth potential and is ideally suited for an individual who aspires to a key leadership position with a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial company. The primary responsibilities include managing and growing our SUE division, sales, marketing of SUE services, and producing SUE deliverables. An added benefit of this position is the opportunity to learn and support our survey and geophysical services. Some field work and travel will be required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sales and business development to grow SUE division revenue stream
- Cultivates existing clients and identifies new markets and clients for growth within South Carolina
- Manage SUE crews and provide quality control for all SUE deliverables
- Applies appropriate principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to various types of subsurface utility engineering projects.
- Facilitate professional development of SUE staff
- Perform and document field work and office CAD production for SUE projects
- Prepare results of field work in written and/or electronic format
- Ability to scope, negotiate and manage sue projects.
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Focus on quality and help ensure QA/QC procedures are followed
- Understanding of applicable federal, State and local laws, regulations, ordinances and professional ethics.
- Working experience with NCDOT Location & Survey Unit a plus
- Computer skills (including MicroStation and/or AutoCAD Civil 3D)
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Survey experience a plus
- Physical strength and endurance to perform field work
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Possess high ethical standards and the Core Values of The GEL Group